Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Optus Sport now available on NON-Optus ISP supplied Fetch boxes

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hey guys, some great news for customers currently using a NON-Optus supplied Fetch set top box (provided by their own ISP).

Previously Optus Sport was only available to Fetch customers who either have a Fetch box from Optus, or who have a Fetch box from a retailer.

Optus Sport is now available to Fetch customers who have a Fetch box through non-Optus ISPs – Dodo and Aussie Broadband.

Customers can use their existing Optus Sport account details to login to the Optus Sport app on a Fetch box.

You can use your existing Optus Sport login purchased via the Apple or Google Play app stores or purchased directly through Optus.

Attached are some images to get you started.

How to get started on non-Optus supplied Fetch Boxes (provided by non-Optus ISP's) 

nonoptususpliedFETCHSTB.jpg

1. 1) We always suggest rebooting your Fetch Box (to ensure you have the latest firmware available for your set top box. 
  2. 2) From the Fetch main user interface, select Optus Sport from the drop-down header, "TV"

NONISPsupplied2.jpg

Navigate to the login ICON on the top right-corner of your screen

nonoptussuppplied3.jpg

1. 1) Use your existing Optus Sport credentials to sign in. 
  2. 2) Get ready to enjoy Optus Sport content on the big screen!

If there's any questions, please comment below. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Optus Sport now available on NON-Optus ISP supplied Fetch boxes

mickrg

Hi Dan

I got my Fetch box from iiNet and don't have the menu entry under "TV" that your image is showing even though I do have an active Optus Sport accoount purchased through Google Play and working perfectly well on my mobile phone. Can you confirm that Optus is allowing access to Optus Sport from non-Optus supplied Fetch boxes? I note that the Fetch website still states that Optus Sport is only available to Optus, retailer, Aussie Broadband or Dodo supplied boxes.

Thanks

Malcolm

Solution

Ray_YC

Hi Malcolm,

I have asked our TV & Content team who have advised:

The customer would need to have purchased a retail box or received their Fetch Box through Aussie Broadband or Dodo. An iiNet customer who received their box from iiNet as a part of their bundle cannot access the Optus Sports tab. 

Just to clarify though, a customer who purchases a retail box through a retailer e.g. JB HIFI who uses iiNet as their internet service provider will be able to access Optus Sport. 

So it solely depends on where they get their box from. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BEEFYcaasi

When will Optus Sport be available to login on Internode Fetch TV STB.

Ray_YC

Please keep an eye on Fetch's website for updates.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Black_swan

Can you please help im with iinet, i dont want to change provider as explained before to others ive asked, but im looking at getting fetch tv with iinet and getting the optus sports plus app, but im hearing i can't get that via iinet's fetch box, I have to buy one from a retailer and then connect it to my provider and ge the optus app that way.

Can you please tell me if this is correct as im going around in circles at the moment and getting nowhere fast.

All way to complicated just to watch football.

mickrg

Hi Black_Swan

I went through this frustrating process a few months ago. If you want to stay with iiNet, as I did, you need to get your Fetch box from a retailer. If you get your box through iiNet, you will not be able to get Optus Sport on it, as I know to my cost.

Many appliances retailers stock the boxes. I got my Fetch Mighty from the Good Guys who were having a 10% off Friday at the time so I got it at a good price. You will have to pay Fetch a dollar to register the box and a dollar a month for the basic service. Channel packs for UKTV and the like are $6 a month. If you do not already have it bundled with an Optus package, Optus Sport will cost you $14.99 a month.

All in all I think the economics of going this route stack up well against the alternatives.

In my experience, the best site for reliable guidance and keeping abreast of new developments is the Fetch site mentioned by Ray_YC: https://www.fetchtv.com.au/optussport.

Good luck

mickrg

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
15 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos