cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Aron_YC

Re: Optus Sport now available on Android TV

Hi chezandfriends

I'm unsure if the NVIDIA Shield device is supported, particularly as I don't believe that model was released in Australia. If you send our Optus Sport Facebook or Twitter a message they can get this looked into.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
chezandfriends
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aron_YC

Thanks for the response.

The Shield was released in Australia and runs native Android. It also worked fine when Optus Sport initially released the Android TV app prior to the COVID break.

Anyway, I'll message Optus Sport on Facebook as requested.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
TK8
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, we've just bought a new TV and managed to get Optus Sport loaded, but it doesn't seem to retain our log in details, and it asks for the email and password each time. Is anyone else having the same issue, and is there any fix to this?? Thanks in advance!
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is there any plans to fix the bug where you have to re-enter your email address and password everytime you open the Android TV app.

It's extremely annoying.     I noticed the regular Android phone/tablet version was updated last night.   Will there be a fix for this in the next Android TV update?  

0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes. @TK8 having the same issue. It's downright annoying and needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hi @Blottski. Thank you for the suggestion. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience of using the Optus Sport apps and this is great feedback for the team to know what’s important to you. 

The Sports Team are constantly working on updates to create a more seamless experience and I have marked this as feedback for them to review. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I would just like to say, this has now been fixed (username & password needing to be entered everytime the app is opened)

Many thanks, 

Kartika

Glad to hear that @Blottski and thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
lera
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am having troubles with finding this app on Google play store. I have android tv with version 9, but the app still not showing up in the store. Is there a way to fix that? Let me know if you need more details?

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @lera,

The Optus Sport app is currently available on all Google certified Android TV's and streaming devices installed with Android 7.0 and above. 

More information on how to download the Optus Sport app on your Android TV can be found on our How To watch Optus Sport page.

If you are still unable to find the Optus Sport app to be downloaded through the Google Play store on your Android TV, I would suggest logging a case via the Optus Sport app or using our online form for further assistance. 

You can also visit our How to log an Optus Sport support case page for further information. 

0 Kudos