cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sport now available on Android TV

Very happy about this. Have been asking for a long time. Thanks Optus!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello I have an nvidia shield and it doesn't seem to work - getting error 'this video cannot be played'. Happens with every attempt on different videos. I contacted the support through Facebook and after some troubleshooting steps which I followed to no avail I was told that the shield is not a supported device.

However, I am seeing people have successfully got the app running on their Shield so I'm wondering what the go is. The device is up-to-date with nougat and there is nowhere clear where it says the shield is not supported - which is a shame for those of us who purchased a shield on the basis it would work.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What model / year is your Shield?

I have a 2015 and a 2017 Shield and Optus Sports works on both.

Have you tried to clear data / clear cache / reinstall?

Does the Kodi add-on work for you (not saying you should use it, but just as a test)?

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/03/optus-sport-kodi-add-on.html

You might have more luck troubleshooting / getting advice over on the Shield and Optus Sports threads on Whirlpool:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/91qrp769?p=341

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/941ry1m3?p=233

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks k2dak for the suggestions. I have 2017 version. I'll give those a go and see where I land!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It would have made sense to start with an optus sport app first. Who gives a toss about Kayo ? It’s garbage
It’s 2020 and floptus is still providing EPL fans with a pathetic viewing experience. Buffering, blurred picture etc etc. Its really painful.
How can it be so bad in this day & age?
As for contacting support ? Seriously? Even if you are lucky enough to get through you will be a nervous wreck by the time you’ve been transferred 10 times between useless call centres and wasted 4 hours getting idiots that don’t even know what the EPL is.
Just provide a decent App for ALL TVs and give the fans what they are paying for. Better still give it back to Foxtel. They did it better 15 years ago!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I bought a Hisence Android TV RG55 to watch optus sport. I downloaded the app from the app store and opened , it said 'This application is not supported on rooted devices'. I have not set or installed anything since it is taken out of the box. Why would this message appear and how can I fix that and watch it on my TV? Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi tinlongc,

Following the advice on this thread, please log a support case with the Optus Sport team.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem is tinlogic . Tge hisense 55rg wont open the optus sport app. Was gis issue resolved?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

still no app for tizen os on the samsung tvs. That is really annoying. Its been a while already.
I guess you just don't want people to have access to the app and get them to buy fetch tv..
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is anybody else having issues with the Optus Sport Android TV app since the COVID-19 break?

I can no longer use the enter/select button on my remote to select videos.

I can navigate around the screen (up/down/left/right) I just can't select.

My select button works on all other apps.

I'm using an Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors