cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport app doesn’t work on smart tv after app update

I have a post 2017 LG OLED TV which was playing the optus sport app fine. Recently there was an update by Optus Sport and now the app no longer works. I can log in and get to the pages, but when selecting either live or replay matches, it runs for a little while (circle goes round for a bit) and then says “This video cannot be played”. This has been happening ever since the update. Is there a workaround or solution as i much rather watch on a TV than my mobile. Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus Sport app doesn’t work on smart tv after app update

Hi @jamb0i

I would recommend logging an Optus Sport support case via the Optus Sport app or via the Optus Sport website so that our teams can investigate this further for you. 

I have also attached a link to our How to log an Optus Sport support case page for the steps on doing so. 

If you need a hand, you can also send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The actual solution (for me at least) after many hours of trial and error, is to
turn off the ivp6 connection. The app works fine with ivp4.
Highlighted

That is great to hear @Jamboi!  This info would definitely be handy for someone who is experiencing the same issue.  Thanks for taking the time to post your findings.

Top Contributors