Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
bigwoodrz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport Video quality has NOT improved

Gave up a few years ago when I tried Optus Sport due to the lack of quality.

Thought I would try again and paid my $99 subscription.

Oh how silly was I .

The quality is just second rate and Optus should be refunding all subscribers.

Through my TV Stick ALL other video streams are first grade quality.

Why Optus is unable to provide a picture quality is beyond me. 
Come on Optus spend a few moments and provide subscribers with quality they have from other streaming services.

Brian. P 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
George_YC

Re: Optus Sport Video quality has NOT improved

Hi @bigwoodrz

The quality of your stream is adjusted depending on the bandwidth available.

You can view more info about this on our Optus Sport video quality support page which will show you how you can improve the quality.

Have you ever thought of getting a Fetch TV box? The Fetch TV box would provide you with the best quality streams depending on your internet connection.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
adro17
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree as soon as the game starts the picture quality drops. We have no trouble with any other steaming service, just OPTUS (P155 WEAK) 

0 Kudos
Renegade197000
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I think it's time we got Optus sport in 1080p and 50 FPS

720P is too low for a paid subscription.
Also it's great all the live and on demand games are 50 fps but the highlights and mini matches are only in 25fps.

Could the mods pass this on to developers please

This really spoils an otherwise excellent product that has far surpassed Foxtel.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @Renegade197000, we can certainly pass on your feedback to our sport team.  Please note we do have 1080P qality available for Optus Sport channels streaming through Yes Tv by Fetch. 

I hope this helps with your enquiry.  Please do let us know if we can assist with anything else. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Speckymagee
New Contributor
New Contributor

The fact that the business model is to throttle bandwidth and only put out 720p to force people into getting a fetch box is honestly disgusting. There should be an ACCC investigation into this practice. To pay a premium for this streaming service and have it at 2009 quality is ridiculous. It was clear from the complete failure of the 2018  world cup that Optus saw it as a money spinning rights to pick up and totally ignored the potential for a great product. Continually very disappointing. 

0 Kudos
Renegade197000
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I sent a message a few weeks ago through the app and never got a reply.

I guess it's 720p forever.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @Renegade197000 - What was your question in relation to?

If this was related to the Amazon Fire TV Stick you posted on the other page, we're continually looking at improving the overall experience for all our users and the way we stream Optus Sport. Presently, we Stream Optus Sport through these options here with this option only in 720p at this stage.

I'll have your feedback passed onto our team though so that they can review this. If there is any changes to our offerings, we will let our customers know.

Top Contributors