Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Phil281
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport / EPL - CL Etc.

1. Hi. 1. I have my iphone account thru Optus 2.
  2. My Broadband account thru iiNet
  3. I have dumped Foxtel after 20 years (1998 )
  4. I have been advised that Fetch TV is the way to see the EPL & CL etc. ???
  5. I have been gifted a Fetch TV box from a relative who has NO use for it he being 93 yrs old!! 6. Can I still watch the EPL etc via Fetch TV box using my IINET broadband account?? 
  6. Thank you....Philip
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Sport / EPL - CL Etc.

Not sure if the Phone Plan get you sport for free but otherwise anyone can pay $15 a month for an Optus sport subscription (no need to be a customer)

The gifted Fetch box may or may not work. It could be a Optus Fetch, Retail Fetch or other ISP Fetch box. Only way to see is plug it in and fire it up. The FAQ suggests you can load the Optus Sports app on Retail and Optus fetch boxes for viewing. 

Data charges will apply from your iiNet account.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

G'day @Phil281 🙂

point 5 is most relevant here. 

1. I have been gifted a Fetch TV box from a relative who has NO use for it he being 93 yrs old!! 6. Can I still watch the EPL etc via Fetch TV box using my IINET broadband account?? 

Where did your relative purchase the Fetch TV set top box? Was it apart of an offer with another service provider or was it purchased a stand-alone product?

We've recently made Optus Sport available on retail set top boxes. You've mentioned that you have a post-paid mobile service with Optus. Depending on the age of your rate plan, Optus Sport may be included in your rate plan (at no additional cost).

Optus Sport is not available on Fetch STB's supplied by another internet service provider. 

I'm happy to go in and confirm if this the case for you. Send us a PM with your details. I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@petergdownload, beating me to the punch (as per usual). 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter or Dan....Gee customer service gone back to the good old days when we were known as customers not numbers from a credit card!!!

My current account with Optus mobile number ***

I have been able to watch the EPL via web browser then HDMI to Smart Tv

The Fetch TV box...I have no idea where that came from...door to door salesman I think? Will sell anything to anyone to get sales figures up regardless of AGE!!!

Yes...I could fire it up & see if it explodes??

I think my account with Optus covers all this ...leave you to confirm for me if you will.

Thanks

Philip

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Dan_C, I really should concentrate on my work more.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, great.

I've just removed your number from your post (public forum, better to be safe than sorry). 

I'd fire it up and see how you go. See if the instructions work:

Go to Menu > TV > Optus Sport where you will be directed to enter your Optus Sport Premium username and password.

If the app is missing, check if you're running on the latest available software version (may differ depending on where the set top box was purchased).

If the app isn’t being displayed (even after updating). The set top box doesn’t have support for Optus Sport.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Great. Just what I thought. I’ll check the serial number with Fetch to see what & how it’s registered. I believe on further investigation it was initially bought through “The Good Guys”.  They have told me that any Box purchased via their stores are provided by Optus? We will soon see! To state the obvious to you, that the websites for various companies that deal in the sale of Fetch tv has a mountain of shall we say unscrupulous information that does not align with yours. 

Thanks for your response. 

Philip

NB thanks for deleing my personal info, should have known better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Retail Fetch units are sold buy Fetch directly. The need a $1 subscription (on the Fetch website) to activate the EPG etc. and you can subscribe to any Fetch TV channels directly via the Fetch website.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors