cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport App for Android TV

I have the Optus Sport App installed on my Sony Android TV.

Everything works fine except that the vision is 'choppy'.

However when I view a match through the 'TV Guide' on the app the vision is ok.

Also if I 'cast' from my mobile phone the vision is ok.

My Sony TV also has other apps such as Netflix and Stan and the vision is ok. Therefore I do not think it is related to the internet speed.

Also I have rebooted the TV plus uninstalled and reinstalled the Optus Sport app but the vision is still 'choppy'.

Has anybody any idea what the problem may be?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus Sport App for Android TV

Hey GAG,

I'd recommend that you raise an in-app support case for your Optus Sport issue, this will then go directly to our TV & Content team who will assist you in finding a resolution. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As suggested I raised an issue with the support team on 20/8/2020 and was given case #160819551.

To date I have not received a reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Have you received a reply yet?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No I have not received a reply yet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. Just to double check.

1. Did you create the issue through the Optus Sport app?
2. Have you checked the status of your issue through the Optus Sport app?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

1. No. I raised an issue through the link 'raise an in-app support case' as suggested by Aron_YC in the reply above. I then received a text message on 20/8/2020 on my mobile phone saying that the fault has been logged with reference #:160819551. To date I have received no reply.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok @GAG that make sense. I've only used the In-App support channel and found that responses came back pretty quickly. One good thing about that method is that all of your queries and the responses can be seen together.

I would suggest trying the in app support system. You could reference the previous issue number and try and get that cleared up as well?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I have used the in app support system and quoted the case no.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been experiencing the exact same thing with the OPTUS Sport app on my Sony Android TV.

Voice and music are continual but picture is really choppy.. It jumps every few seconds and makes it unwatchable.

When you press the help and support option all it tells you is to go to the website to see the help forums.

We have really fast internet so it's not the internet as all other apps work fine.

It's obviously an app issue. Please hell us fix this - it's so frustrating
0 Kudos