Searching...

Optus Sport App Development for Console and SmartTV

Roddster

Hi Guys,

So the EPL has been on optus now for approx 6 months, I no longer reside in Australia but i am an optus customer and will be returning home in the near future. I am interested to know what improvements and device, app development there is for season 17/18.

Specifically App development for SmartTV and PS4 / XBOX Gaming Consoles.

Cheers

Rod

Edinburgh

Re: Optus Sport App Development for Console and SmartTV

Marie

Hey Rod Smiley Happy 

Hmm not sure exactly what we'll be offering for the 17/18 season.

I am aware that our TV & Content team are looking at other streaming options.

At this stage we're not sure if or when we'd have these available on Smart TV's or gaming consoles.

Certainly if this change's we'll post on our EPL home page.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

yppahton

Still just 'looking at' options? Subscribers have been asking for PS4 and Apple TV support since that start of the season!

Esther

Sorry for any inconvenience yppahton - we'll pass the feedback on. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

breeharvey

Must jump on the bandwagon for this one.

I have had a LOT of issues with Optus, mostly during the mobile/nbn switching process. That being said, the reason I made the switch was purely because of the EPL, and when I compare what I used to get with Foxtel a couple of years ago (which cost me about $70 a month for the package and box) with your offering I have to say I have been so impressed. You took what Foxtel had and supersized it, and it is costing me nothing (I was paying the same for internet on my previous provider, and the fetch and EPL are free on my Optus plan).

I love the ability to tag my team for recording, to see every game live, on demand or highlights both online and through the Fetch box. 

It is ALMOST perfect for my needs.... except for this one area, which I'm sure others have said in similar posts to this.

And this is for 2 reasons.

1. Users without a fetch box:
Yes, there's casting but it's a much much simpler, more reliable and more effecitve way to consume. My cast would occassionally drop out during a game and, as good ole Murphy would have it, a goal was ineveitably scored more often than not in the 2 minutes it took to reconnect!

2. Users with a fetch box:

Unfortunately, Fetch does not allow 2 boxes on the same account (a feature from Foxtel I really wish had been adopted... I really don't mind paying a littl extra and having the added functionality whilst keeping everything on the same account). With the EPL live games being late night, I am usually watching it in my room, meaning I have to move the fetch box. Having the option of an additional device/devices (be it console, smart TV, media player through an app) would make the world of difference!

Just my 2 cents worth. Would like to add a vote for development of this app if that is possible.

Meg

Thanks  breeharvey.  We've been collating the insights  provided to us by EPL customer and providing them to the various groups within Optus who are working on our Entertainment and Sport offerings to see what more we can do. Appreciate you for the taking the time to provide that feedback.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos