Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Retired Employee MouniraH
Retired Employee

Re: Optus Cricket

Hi girl26

Could you please provide the make and model of your phone so that we can help you trouble shoot? You may find our FAQs quite handy here.

In a nut shell, to get live cricket you will need to have a registerd Optus Sport account (premium subscription) Then you will need to download 2 apps, being the Optus Sport App and the Cricker Australia Live app. 

The process: you will need to tap onto the CCA app as an Optus sport customer and use your Optus Sport credentials to login.

Hope this helps

Mounira 

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Okay this is not the correct method. These are the right steps @Tejas51:

Create a Cricket ID from the Cricket.com.au. The login to your account. One you do that there is a link for Live Pass which you need to click. Once you do that it will take you to the purchase page. There you would see two options, 1. to purchase the app, 2. To use your Optus free subscription. Click on the Optus option.

On the next page it will tell you to activate your free subscription. Click on it and it will take you to a login page where you will enter your OPTUS user ID and Password (Optus Sport), once you do that it will link your Optus Sport subscription to your CA Live pass. Once that is done you can use your cricket.com.au login ID which you had created to login to live pass and you will see the live pass activated under your account.

Optus should put proper steps to link the CA Live pass. All the above steps where done via browser on a PC. You may be able to do the same on your mobile via browser, not possible via the app.

Occasional Contributor Tejas51
Occasional Contributor

OK procedure to get it to work for me was as follows:

Log out of the CA app.

go to login again and select optus sport customer. i linked it with my existing CA account, than loged onto my optus sport account. it worked this time

Highlighted
Contributor giri26
Contributor

@Tejas51 Great..Good to know. I guess Optus should put the right process in the cricket page. We will not be able to just login using the Optus sport ID. @MouniraH @Miles_R

Retired Employee

Hi girl26

Instructions are outlined in the link which I provided to you in my post, please refer to this for troubleshooting but ofcourse feel free to reach out to the community when you need a hand. We are in the process of adding a blog article shortly which will be detailed as well. I endeavour to add it into this forum soon for reference.

Cheers

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Thanks very much. Quick question @MouniraH @Miles_R, anything we watch on OPTUS Sport under eligible plans is free of data meter right? I will not be charged for watching any videos on that app right?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi girl26

Absolutely love your enthusiasm! 

For customers who have Optus Sport included plans (premium subscription) there are no additional charges for the Cricket inclusions (this includes the Cricket Australia Live app and a dedicated 24/7 Optus Sport channels featuring exclusive Premier League and Cricket content). Data free is on Optus Postpaid plans, not on prepaid however.

Important: Use your Optus Sport Credential when you log in to Cricket Australia Live app.

Thanks

M

0 Kudos
Top Contributors