Searching...

Re: Local derby - Tottenham Vs West Ham. Who made the moronic decision not to have this on demand

B3ardyman

It's pretty bad when you have to get a new phone, on a plan, just so you can watch the premier league. Only to find out you can't even watch your team play. What a joke! The url for the replay wont work so i guess i dont get to see the game. Good work optus, you're killing it!!

Re: Local derby - Tottenham Vs West Ham. Who made the moronic decision not to have this on demand

Guy

There is a great deal of information regarding games available and not available on-demand and the reasoning behind it here.  The Tottenham v West Ham game is replayed at the following times.

Tottenham v West Ham

Sunday 20th November - 11:00am

Sunday 20th November – 7.00pm

Wednesday 23th November - 3:00am

Thursday 24th November – 7.30pm

[ Edited ]
mikeyjames2

You Optus people just don't get it, do you. Yes, we are all capable of reading, even though the story has changed from earlier in the season when we were told each team would miss out 4 times and now we are told it will be 10 times.

Just checking that you understand........we can all read? We can all understand basic information. Are you sure you understand this?

The original post acknowledges that I understand this. The question is why Optus would choose to leave out a London derby between Tottenham and West Ham. This is an important game for both team's supporters. 

Now for you Optus Premier League Experts, here is a list of London Premier League sides: Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Tottenham, and West Ham When these teams play each other it is called a "London derby: - A London derby is very important to players and fans. They are highly important matches that people hate missing.

So an Optus customer who for example follows Tottenham and finds they can't watch the London derby on demand, then finds the replay only available at times they can't watch, tends to get a bit peeved at the stupidity of the person who made this decision.

The best thing a moderator could do is say, "I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you, I will feed this back to our Premier League scheduling team".

Vic26_8

So this is completely incorrect then.....honestly I'm past the point of being furious, now I'm actually just sad. Sad because I live for my team and for years I've looked forward to watching them play week in week out. And now you've taken that away from me and every other supporter like me. I love my team enough that I normally stay up despite work or other commitment in order to watch live...but its not always possible and certainly not always possible for other members of my household to watch live. When you bought the rights to the EPL you didn't just secure a new way to make $$ you took on the responsibility for providing a decent service. You took into your hands the happiness of many MANY football supporters...and you are failing us miserably. 😔

image.jpg

Oethesaint

The timing of replays is much better than it was, but having to make an appointment to watch a replay of a game is not a 2016 solution. It's not the modern 'anywhere, anytime, any device' offer that was advertised.

We need a better solution to the EPL not letting Optus make all games available on demand. Note that the rights restriction is so that the EPL clubs can make more money by having a point of difference to sell their club channels to fans i.e. see replays of every game. 

This isn't Optus' fault.

But it is in Optus' hands to offer a better solution, rather than something from the 1980s pre VHS days.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
mikeyjames2

Hey @Oethesaint

you are 100% correct. It is up to Optus to provide a better solution. For a start I suggest they learn which games are most meaningful to the fans. For example, when working out what to miss:

ManU v ManC - "This looks like it could be a local derby as the names seem similar, better check?? Wow it is! The two Manchester clubs are next to each other, who would have guessed, we better not miss it"

Tottenham v Stoke - "nothing really big about this, maybe it would be okay to add to the list? Wow, I got one right"

Tottenham v Chelsea - "this is an important local derby, even I know that. It will really upset lots of people if we miss it"

Liverpool v Everton - "This should be okay to miss shouldn't it? Really, this is a local derby too? Wow, the names sound really different, who would have guessed"

Southhampton v Arsenal - "maybe we better show it just to be safe? Really, it's not a derby? Are you sure? Oh well, we can miss it then. This stuff is just too hard, I wonder if we can get a map of England somewhere on the net?"

This would at least be a start.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos