Searching...

Local derby - Tottenham Vs West Ham. Who made the moronic decision not to have this on demand

mikeyjames2

I understand that a West Ham fan has already brought this up and that a link to the fact that each team only gets 28 games on demand per season. This is the third time for both teams actually.

I get it - I really do.

BUT, this match is a local derby. It's not as big as Tottenham v Arsenal or Chelsea, but there is still an intense rivalry that is important to both sets of fans.

Does anyone at Optus making these decisions have any idea about this? Any idea about Football in general?

On what has happened so far, there is no way I will be paying for this service next season. I'll simply go back to live streams and torrents - they are actually more reliable.

Highlighted

Re: Local derby - Tottenham Vs West Ham. Who made the moronic decision not to have this on demand

Oethesaint

I feel your pain.

If only Optus would make a recordable box available to mobile customers to overcome this.

Re: Local derby - Tottenham Vs West Ham. Who made the moronic decision not to have this on demand

Aman_B

Hey @mikeyjames2 and @Oethesaint, totally understand your frustrations with this. All matches that are not available on demand will be replayed more than once. Checkout the replay times here → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Premier-League-Schedule-Round-12/ba-p/186796. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Vic26_8

absolutely fuming! this is actually West Ham's 4th missed match this season and we're only in week 12! I was assured that the distribution was to be fair and that each team would only miss 4 matches so this had better be the last West Ham match that isn't avialable! As for the replays.....don't get me started!! Why isn't it possible to have more replays? None of the times scheduled for a replay today were possible for me to watch due to work committments. So now my only option is to watch the match at another stupid time much later in the week. This means i'll inevitably already know the score and the match will essntially be ruined. I am so angry with the way Optus has 'negotiated' its broadcast rights. Plus i get terrible mobile reception as a bonus!

Aman_B

Apologies for the hassle @Vic26_8. I'll pass on your feedback to your EPL team. Let us know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

rsnazell

Even the 5 min highlight show doesn't load for me using the Apple TV app. Just get a permanent loading spinner.  Unfortunately not surprised, it the sort of device I've come to expect from Optus.

[ Edited ]
mikeyjames2

eHey @Aman_B

I case no one has ever given you this advice before here it is - never tell someone who is upset that you fully understand their frustration. You don't underdstand it! Do you support one of the teams? Did you wake up on Sunday hoping to watch the game and then find at only round 12, tottenham have missed 3x and West Ham 4x? Were you initally told that each team would miss out 4 times per season to now find out it's actually 10 times per season? Do you happen to work 6 days per week and find that none of the replay times really suit you?

You need to contact the team responsibble for this moronic decision and explain the phrase "local derby"; you need to tell them that local derbies are important to fans. You need to tell your mangement team that Optus is well on track to lose a lot of money unless they start getting this right.

Vicky

Disappointed you feel this way @mikeyjames2 - whilst we may not be in the same exact situation as you, we can definitely empathise and we're here to assist in any way we can. I'm confident that this is what @Aman_B meant and there was definitely no intention to be condescending at all. If there is anything we can help you out with feel free to touch base with us. 

Oethesaint

What we really need is a solution to not all games being available on demand. ok there is satellite which allows people to record games and would suit some, but why can't the fetch mighty that records be available to all customers at a higher price?

Vicky

Hi @Oethesaint - we try our best to make the EPL viewing experience as enjoyable and accessible to as many people as people. At this point in time however we're not able to broadcast all games on demand. I'll be happy to feed this back to our engineers - appreciate for your feedback.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos