Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Roley666
New Contributor

Google Chromecast

Can I hotspot my phone data for google chromecast to a LG smart TV to run all the chromecast viewing, eg Fetch, Netflix ? I don't have home internet,  only mobile.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Google Chromecast

Hi
You will need a second phone or device then you can connect this device to your phone hotspot. Use this second device to connect the Chromecast to your phone's hotspot.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Roley666
New Contributor

Sorry Dave, that makes no sense to me. Do you mean a second mobile to hotspot to my mobile then to Chromecast? Sounds too hard. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Roley666
New Contributor

Sorry Dave, that makes no sense to me. Do you mean a second mobile to hotspot to my mobile then to Chromecast? This just sounds too hard to me. Thanks for the advice. Cheers
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Not difficult
Your primary phone acts as if it was your broadband A second device, phone, iPad etc connected to your primary phone is able to set up your Chromecast and be used as if it was a remote control on that wifi network

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors