New Contributor

Re: English Premier League 2019/2020 Fixtures on Optus Sport

Thanks, but will the above be updated?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks! But will the above be updated as usual?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Jlar12,

It has been updated this morning.

It's usually updated around 48 hours before the first match, it's just been a busy time at Optus with a certain phone and device launch announcement 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

When will the rubbish sound on Optus Sport 1 live EPL games on the Fetch TV box be fixed. See other threads on this issue elsewhere in these forums. The service that is being provided is disgusting with tinny and crap sound and yet Optus is continuing to be charging for an unwatchable supposedly premium service.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi patondoug,

I've asked Dan_C if he's heard back from our TV & Content team, he should provide an update soon. Thanks for your patience.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to find out which games are not shown LIVE on fetch box for the rest of the season.  I see this table shows the Southampton v Norwich game was app/web only but I wondered what future fixtures are app/web only.

Also what dictates which games will NOT be on Fetch TV LIVE.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Lagerboy76,

Our Optus Sport team decide this where applicable in the days leading up to each Matchday. This isn't available for Matchday 17 onwards. It doesn't happen that often for EPL.

We will always update the fixtures in advance and they can be found on the Optus Sport website.

It's because there are currently six Optus Sport channels and if there are more than six fixtures at the same time, the selected matches (probably the least popular/viewed) are moved to App & Web only.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for explaining... it's a shame that goal rush takes up a channel and shows the same game as another channel thereby only covering 5 EPL games at once.  You are correct that this doesn't happen often but it is annoying as my understanding is that commercial venues are not allowed to put these games onto a big screen via the website/app for patrons or am I incorrect?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ooh that's a humdinger of a question, I will try to find out but I'm not sure if it's because they are not allowed to or just not able to.

I guess we'll also find out on the 27th of December with six matches scheduled for 2am, interestingly this website already has the specific channels listed for each of the matches. I'm keeping on eye on it to see if they have it right.