Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ScouserEFC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: EPL games playback keeps stopping with on demand matches

Hi! I’m actually really pleased to hear this isn’t just me!!! I was ready to throw my Fetch box at the wall!!!! 

@Optus why can’t I watch my EPL games on demand.... or even highlights without it stopping every 10 seconds or less!!! 😡😤 this has been going on for weeks if not months. I even spent hours on the phone to your support people. I’ve disconnected my whole NBN setup and modems and have plugged my Fetch mini straight in to the NBN Connection. 

My mobile service is with you, my NBN service with you and I pay an extra $15 per month now as the ‘free’ EPL first season with you is over. I would like a refund as I haven’t been able to watch a single game, show, replay, highlights or any on demand service without a 2-5 second pause every 10 seconds. 

It isnt just EPL either!... I pay for a movie from Optus... then can’t watch it because it does exactly the same thing 😬

I’m so close to ending our relationship Optus and I can honestly say... it’s not me - it’s YOU!  

BY THE WAY!.... Usain Bolt doesn’t run the 100 metres, stopping every 5 metres for a break!!! 

I’ve spent so long on the phone to your support desk it is ridiculous. If they aren’t telling me to change a setting or restart the mini box... the latest Classic was to get a Tooth-Pick and stick it in the restart slot at the back of my modem.... errr that completely removes all my settings! (Thanks).

Free to air TV. Fine.

Netflix. Fine.

Live Optus TV. FINE.

Juse sort out your streaming or let FOXTEL take over the EPL again..... PLEASE!!! 

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for getting in touch, @ScouserEFC. I'm really sorry to hear the above 😞 This certainly isn't the experience we want you to have when streaming through Optus Sport.

If you haven't already, please take a minute to submit a Fault Report here, so that our TV & Content team can open an investigation and provide further insight.

0 Kudos
SRM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@ToomeyExactly 3 months have passed. There has been no update whatsoever from Optus on the acknowledged support ticket #911226327. The issue is still present so I am still paying every month for a service that does not work. The EPL season is coming to a close and I've not been able to watch a single on-demand match all season, not that OPTUS seem too bothered about that - they have my phone subscription so they get $120 from me every month regardless. Shame, becuase I like the OPTUS EPL content and shows - just a pity I can't watch the actual games! (irony intended). Perhaps we can get the World Cup delayed until OPTUS/FetchTV find some developers that can write code - suggestion - trying pinching them from NetFlix - that works like a dream. @ScouserEFC you'll never walk alone.

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch, @SRM.

I'm terribly sorry to hear the above 😞 There shouldn't be any circumstance where you're facing continued difficulties with your streaming. With that in mind, if you've got an existing case with us, we're always able to monitor the progress of your case, all the way through to a solution.

To allow us to best assist, please send through a PM with your full name, DOB and phone number (for verification process), along with your Optus Sport username so that I can investigate further to provide insight.

0 Kudos
SRM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sent. Thankyou @Brock_E any assistance greatly received.

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

You're very welcome, @SRM.

While I've got you, can you also please send me the above requested details here, so that I can track the progress of your case on your behalf.

0 Kudos
SRM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Toomey@ScouserEFCJust FYI...I received a call from Optus Support to say that this issue is known to them but as yet unresolved. They were not able to offer a timeline for resolution preferring to ask that I remain patience and wait for their team to provide a fix. Quite frankly I find it hard to believe that this issue seems so challenging to them given streaming media is pretty much the fundamentals of what a Fetch box does!!  With the World Cup around the corner I'm wondering if this issue is also present in the 'full size' Fetch Box as it is with the Fetch 'Mini'. Not having the ability to watch on-demand games from the World Cup on my big TV will be a big kick in the guts after missing every round of the Premier League. @Brock_E can you advise how I go about reurning my Fetch Mini and getting a replacement - given not everybody has this issue maybe it is the actual box?

Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @SRM 🙂 

We can certainly look at a potential replacement for your existing Yes TV by Fetch STB if the issue appears to be with your hardware. If you can send through your full name, DOB and account number via PM, we'll take a look.

0 Kudos
SRM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: World Cup games playback keeps stopping with on demand matches

Went all thru the 2017/18 PL season not being able to watch games on-demand on TV using the Fetch Mini which OPTUS acknowledge is a 'known issue' (for over ONE YEAR!!). Same problem with the World Cup - can't watch full games on-demand but they never bothered to fix it. Tried to watch a 'mini game' and it just randomly stopped and forced me to re-start from the beginning three times (with the ads of course). Now its saying too many concurrent streams and I only have one device online. OPTUS management should hang their heads in shame . Take a good look at yourselves in the mirror and really ask yoursleves if you are doing the right thing by your customers.

0 Kudos
SRM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: one year on and EPL games playback 'still' keep stopping with on demand matches! Oh OPTUS

@Toomeyit's now over 6 months since OPTUS acknowledged this issue on ticket ##911226327 and over a year since this issue was reported by various people. OPTUS is still collecting my monthly Fetch Mini fee even though I went all through last years EPL season without being able to watch an on-demand game. Also went all through the recent World Cup without being able to watch an on-demand game. The next season of EPL is starting in a few weeks and it seems this has been in the 'too hard' basket. To ice the cake - I have just received a $136 'fine' for late return of the replacement Fetch Mini box that they sent to try and resolve the issue. OPTUS - you are unbelievable!...I wish we'd never met.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors