Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
keithm
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

EPL and corona virus

Just reading that the UK may force all remaining EPL games to be played behind closed doors, ie no spectators. They also mention restrictions on broadcasts, I assume related to sponsorship deals.

Any comment from Optus regarding whether all games will still be available live on Optus Sport subscriptions? If not, what sort of compensation will subscribers be offered?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: EPL and corona virus

Hi keithm,

It's been a pretty huge day for sport with the NBA postponing their season headlining others.

I think the team at Optus Sport are wondering if Euro 2020 and the Olympics will go ahead.

I doubt we'll see a comment for a hypothetical scenario. If something happens with the EPL, I'm sure there will be something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

IMO if (and its a big if) there are no spectators then the broadcasts are going to be another level of valuable (to the players, the sponsors, etc.). I would imagine broadcasting will be a top priority.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Now that is no longer a hypothetical situation, please see this thread and this Optus page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors