Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
leongwinghoe
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: #EPL Fake Crowd Sounds post Covid 19 restart

I have read postings that the fake crowd noise can be switched off. There NO such option available. Can the Optus Sports Team do something about it. TQ.
arthroscopy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I found out how you can do this when watching on the computer. Sign into Optus Sports in one web page, then google “Optus Sports 2” in another web page. That is where the no crowd noise is. Then close the first web page.
0 Kudos
nickjhs
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus if this nonsense continues next season I will be cancelling my account and using a different streaming service via VPN. I am not a child, I do not need fake chanting to enjoy football, in fact the opposite is true. To make matters worse you have TURNED UP the volume of the fake noise. There is a match in progress but I simply cannot watch it as I cannot get past the fake chanting. ENOUGH.

nickjhs
New Contributor
New Contributor

@arthroscopy  the optus 2 option only works via a time table, right now I want to watch a live game but it is not scheduled on optus 2 until later and replays all come with this childish noise.

Dean5ki
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fake crowd noise should default to off. Want to watch a match with sound sampled from fifa 14 got to optus sport 2 channel.
robmGC
Contributor
Contributor

I don't mind the fake crowd noise myself but it would be nice to have the option.

When using the Optus Sport app as well as having the speed and quality options (under "gear" settings icon) it would be nice to have a crowd noise setting 🙂
New Contributor

Am watching the Liverpool v Leeds game and the WSL is Optus Sports 2 so the option to turn off crowd noise does not appear to exist for 2020-21? Can you please confirm whether this option will be available this season? I find the fake sounds really annoying - would rather watch the real thing.
CarlitosM
New Contributor
New Contributor

Exactly!! Fake crowd noise it’s woeful. Seriously considering canceling subscription 🤔
Pls pls plssss make the default the real actual game noise, fake crowd noises should be optional as a simple switch in the settings of the app!
& pls turn the fake crowd noise volume down 👍
arthroscopy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I think that these people are referring to the option to tune into Optus Sports 2. It is available some of the time...but maybe not at all this season it seems. It's a pity that nobody from Optus Sports will get on here and respond, eh.

arthroscopy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep, it's testing my patience