Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
G-Fonne
New Contributor
New Contributor

#EPL Fake Crowd Sounds post Covid 19 restart

Due to the restart of the EPL with empty stadiums, fake crowd sounds have been introduced in the broadcast. My understanding being that in the UK, there is an option for a broadcast version which does NOT include the fake crowd sounds. Is there a way to make this available to us here in Australia too? I appreciate some people might prefer the fake crowd sound but I personally don't and was very much looking forward to experiencing the games being able to hear the interactions of the players and coaching staff (similarly to the in the Bundesliga). I hope this is something that can be looked into. Thanks

22 Replies
z_hook

Re: #EPL Fake Crowd Sounds post Covid 19 restart

Hi G-fonne,

Thanks for reaching out!

We currently have this option. You will just need to assure you're watching it on 'Optus Sports 2' when using the Optus Sports app or watching via the FetchTV. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

michael7
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I agree, fake crowd sound for the EPL is pretty bad and pointless.  I can't find any way to turn it off.  Off should be the default for live and replays, app or not.

Tags (2)
G-Fonne
New Contributor
New Contributor

What about for the replays though?... I'm rarely able to watch games live due to the time difference. The Fake Crowd Sounds during the Everton vs Liverpool game were absolutely dreadful.

arthroscopy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

But why is no fake noise sometimes available when I watch on my computer and sometimes not? I just can't find that option this morning and it's killing me...so patronising!
Kartika

Hi @arthroscopy, From July 7, the ‘no crowd’ option will be made available for selected matches on Optus Sport 2 for the remainder of the 2019/20 Premier League season.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
arthroscopy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that option to view the no crowd noise on Optus Sport 2 was explicitly offered on the Liverpool game this morning. But it’s not clear how one accesses that channel using the web site. That’s exactly the issue that I’m asking for assistance with. Can you help?
G-Fonne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Would you guys please consider introducing a No Fake Crowd option (perhaps in the settings or something) for at least the Mini Matches (24 min ones) and any longer replay? I suspect a number of people would be quite happy with this (even if they haven't manifested themselves on here). The fake crowd sounds are really unbearably bad, like a bad video game. Thanks a lot.

Nofakecrowds
New Contributor
New Contributor

But we need the option for replays in Australia. Most of us don’t watch the games live so it’s useless to only have the option on Optus2. Honestly, the fake crowds are so annoying it has stopped me watching the games at all. I’ll probably cancel my subscription soon and just watch the highlights on YouTube.
arthroscopy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’m with you. It’s too much!
Top Contributors