Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
niall76
New Contributor
New Contributor

Consistently poor quality on live games

Hi,

I chromecast Optus Sport to my TV. I have NBN, fibre to the premises, it's extremely fast and I never have any issues streaming anything else including 4k content. When I watch live games, the video quality frequently turns blocky and unwatchable. It doesn't matter whether I've set it to auto, high or low. The strange thing is before and after games and at halftime in the studio etc, there's never a hint of an issue. It only happens while the actual game is on. I can say with certainty there is absolutely nothing wrong with my internet service. I hope someone can help, Niall

17 Replies
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Consistently poor quality on live games

Thanks for reaching out, @niall76.

I'm really sorry to hear about the intermittent difficulties you're facing with your Optus Sport streaming. This certainly isn't the experience we want to create for you during live games, particularly if it isn't happening before/after our live coverage.

Please take a minute to complete a fault report here, so that our TV & Content team can investigate the above and get back to you with further insight.

0 Kudos
niall76
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Brock,

Thanks very much. I can't fill in the form. It wants to send a validation code to the phone number linked to the account but I don't use that number.

Niall 

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Agghhhh, that's certainly frustrating 😕 Please send through your full name, DOB and phone number (for verification purposes) here, and I'll see if I can have this completed for you on my end.

0 Kudos
niall76
New Contributor
New Contributor

Will do, Brock - thanks.

0 Kudos
Dany
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes. The streaming quality is well below 720p. Regular non HD tv is better than Optus' streaming. I hope this is improved to 1080p by the World Cup. 

Excuse my language, but it's really sh!t.

Foxtel HD is so much better.

Zed000
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same problem Internet speed around 70Mbps. No faults picked up by YesTV diagnostics and soft restart had no effect.

0 Kudos
Dany
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cheers for the reply.

I don't think it's a fault. It has to be their infrastructure's inability to handle HD streaming. Eg. One of the Man Utd vs Chelsea matches, connecting to a stream wasn't possible until half way through the first half.

Claiming there may be a fault is a just a red herring.

Stan Netflix Amazon Prime all stream great (100mbps connection) - UHD 1080p - no problem.

Optus being a major telecommunications company should be embarrassed with the claim of 720p but delivering between 480p and rarely 720p.

Zed000
New Contributor
New Contributor

Exactly! I mean ... why buy the rights for something you can't deliver!!!

Making everyone angry!

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for getting in touch, @Zed000. I'm really sorry to hear the above 😞

Hmmm, that's certainly odd 😕 You definitely shouldn't be facing any difficulties with your streaming. Have you logged a Fault Report so that our TV & Content team can take a look at any potential issues you're having?

0 Kudos