cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor MarkScarfe1972
Contributor

Chromecast or Apple TV for Optus Sport

I will be getting Optus Sport as a stand alone subscription and do not have a Fetch TV box. I have a Gen 3 Apple TV but am thinkinf of getting a Chromcast/Ultra or a 4th Gen Apple TV/4K. I have a Panasonic plasma (not 4K). As Optus Sport only broadcasts in 720, what is my best option. Will my current Apple Tv good enough or is it worth the money for me to get eith a Chromecast or newer Apple TV?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Chromecast or Apple TV for Optus Sport

Apple TV will do just fine, as long as it's not a first generation apple TV.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Contributor MarkScarfe1972
Contributor

Thanks for the answer but I wont be getting now due to this complaint Ive just put in. If they can get the simple things right, I cant spend any money with them.

I was an Optus customer for 20 years before I moved my mobiles to Telstra and NBN to Foxtel due to the poor customer service Optus delivers. Today I went to the Optus shop at Charlestown with my son to get the free voucher so we could watch the womens World Cup. This was also a test run to see how the product was and also how it worked with my Apple TV. When we signed up, whhich consisted of giving my mobile number, I was to get a txt and follow the links etc. After a while still in the shopping centre I had not recieved the txt so I went back and we did the process again. When I got home, still no txt. Many hours later, still no txt. I tried to ring the store and this cannot be done as you are told in the phone tree calling a store cannot be done and I will have to visit the store. I made a special trip to visit the store and will not be doing it again so we miss out on seeing the Optus coverage and more importantly I wont be paying $14.99 a month for the Premier League when it starts in August. Once again Optus you live up to your reputation.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @MarkScarfe1972, I've replied back to other thread you've created. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors