Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GilP
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Chromcasting from iOS has stopped workimng

Heya, for about the last month I have been having issues casting any of the Optus Sport content to any of my 4 Chromecast devices (3xUltra, 1xstandard).

I can connect Optus Sport to the Chromecast using the iOS app, and get the Optus Sport Screen on my TV (Version says 1.4.7). When I then start playing from my iOS device, it starts a spinner on the iOS device, and after about 10 seconds the Optus Sport App on the Chromecast quits back to the Chromecast Picture Carousel and the content starts playing on the iOS device.

I have tried on multiple iOS devices with the same effect. Also previously I could use Chrome on a Mac I could cast the video directly to the ChromeCast, but that is not an option anymore. I can only cast the browser tab. What's happening there?

So not happy about this at all after years of working fine.

Seems to me that this started happening when you changed the app to play internet-based ads at the start of each stream (not the embedded ones), but that may just be coincidental.

Please help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
George_YC

Re: Chromcasting from iOS has stopped workimng

Hi @GilP,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with Chromecasting from the Optus Sport app.

We're unaware of any issues with using the Chromecast option on iOS devices. I have tested this myself and it seems to be working fine.

I'd suggest raising this with the Optus Sport Support Team in the Optus Sport app. All you need to do is raise an Optus Sport In-App support case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors