cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
osti
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cheapest way to have Optus Sport (Data only Plan)?

Hey Guys,

I wanted to get Optus sport for my parents as there is pretty much nothing on free to air any more. What would be the cheapest way for them to go?, they currently have no interet so I was thinking I could get a data only plan $30 a month for 10gb and use a spare wireless dongle, to stream to say a Fetch TV. Online chat said that using Optus Sport would be metered, so that idea goes out of the window. What alternatives do I have? If I put that data sim into an IPAD or tablet and then try to cast to the Fetch device would that also count as data against Optus sport.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: Cheapest way to have Optus Sport (Data only Plan)?

Hey @osti, thanks for reaching out to us. You said they have a fetch box is this correct? I understand it is not from us (Optus). Please confirm. Yes, you can cast it directly to your TV through the app on an iPad or tablet service with us and it will not count towards your data usage. Check out this → link on ways to watch Optus Sport on the TV. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
osti
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I haven't got a fetch a TV yet, I was just looking at the easiest alternative for my parents, it would be a lot easier for my parents to use a remote instead of trying to cast to a chromecast etc.

Okay so thats clear Optus Sport is unmetered using a tablet. So is that the best way to go to have sports?, is another alternative to go on a cheap mobile plan and tether and cast to the TV.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @osti. You have two options. Can either get a postpaid mobile service 24 months contract / Sim only 12 months plan or Mobile broadband 12 months data sim / 24 months iPad, Tablet plan then Optus Sport usage will not count towards your data allowance and you do not pay $15 subscription fees. Alternatively, you can register as a non Optus customer directly through the Optus Sport app through your Google or Apple iTunes account. A monthly subscription payment of $15 will apply which will charged either through your Google or Apple iTunes account. You can then use the same login to login into the app on up to 4 devices to register. So you can login on the app on any smart phone or iPad / Tablet and then cast it to your TV. Just a heads up you can register on up to 4 devices however can only stream live on one device at a time. Check out this → link for more info. Hope all this make sense. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
osti
New Contributor
New Contributor

Great thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Kartika

You`re welcome.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors