Searching...

Re: Apple TV or Fetch Mini for Optus Sport?

AdamTreff

Hi Optus rep

Please please please do not intentionally misinform or treat people like idiots. It is fact that the fetch stream quality is leagues above everything else like the Apple TV. 

So disappointing to see such uniformed Optus reps. 

SpudsOz

Hi Sinners @sinners007,

Curious us to know if you ever got a satisfactory response? I’m about to do a new home tv setup and was hoping to achieve the holy grail "one stb solution" with an ATV 4K, however this thread and discussions on whirlpool have me discouraged. A bit gutted that I’m likely going to have to buy a fetch box as well.

I have spent the last few years watching football on my iPad and laptop (due to moving around constantly), unfortunately my experience has been abysmal to say the least. The World Cup was particularly soul destroying... I am desperate to watch my beloved Spurs in the best quality possible now that I am settling. Safe to say I won’t be telling my internationally based friends that it is 720p.

Appreciate any update you can give.

Cheers,

Spuds

sinners007

Hey Spuds. 

Unfortunately, the only resolution is a Fetch TV box. The fantastic Apple TV 4K continues to look like garbage, particularly for live sport.

Optus continue to be adamant that there is no problem and that every device gets the same picture quality. This makes it even more frustrating.

Sorry I didn't have better news. 

PS: On the plus side, the Fetch Mini pic / quality has been brilliant the month I've been using it. 

AdamTreff

Optus continue to be adamant that there is no problem and that every device gets the same picture quality. This makes it even more frustrating”

How sad. Would it be such a crime for them to actually test it themselves....

SpudsOz

What a shame. I’m sure an honest technical explanation would be welcomed by all. There are clearly enough people having the same issue that it should be a priority for their customer relations... 

Perhaps instead of using the money screwed out of people over the last few years to overbid for the rights to the champions league and World Cup, taking that content away from providers who can actually deliver, Optus should instead invest in some decent headend equipment and proper support for other devices. The prioritisation of securing additional content over fixing the quality issues should be illegal and really gives me the shits... pardon my French. 

Chislemany

Hey sinners,

Just a quick question.  Are you using an optus fetch tv box or a retail box that you purchased outright? Reason I'm asking is because I currently have both an optus fetch tv mini and an Apple TV 4k but am planning on cancelling my optus phone plan so I will no longer be able to use my optus fetch TV box.  If the quality of retail (non optus) fetch tv boxes are the same as the optus ones then I will just go and buy a retail one. 

Cheers,

Chislemany

Highlighted

sinners007

@Chislemany 

I am using a retail Fetch Mini and the quality is the same as an Optus Fetch Mini. ATV4 & XB1 are still rubbish for live games.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos