Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MattBunclark
New Contributor
New Contributor

Annoying match highlights and replay changes

I've noticed over the last few weeks that the app does not have highlights available until hours after the last live game has finished and only go for 3mins. This wasnt the case when the app was first released where highlights were available shortly after each game. Also, the addition of the 30sec clips of saves, misses and 'great goals', instead of the highlights of these games, is frustrating to see as it gives away the match content which would be covered in the highlights. Maybe have a separate section for these clips?

Not sure why these changes happened and it would be useful to know why.

10 Replies
A123
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Annoying match highlights and replay changes

Totally agree.

Would be better if the moments highlights with spoiler titles were in a separate section to the actual match highlights.

Really takes the enjoyment out of watching the highlights if you always know what's coming.

MattBunclark
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have noticed it with a few broadcasters like foxsports and the world game as well. To me, it seems as if they are pandering to the 'sometimes' or 'possible' football fan rather than those who watch games regularly, which is weird because why would they have an optus sport subscription.

Little clips without any match context are almost meaningless.

Anyway, would be nice to get it changed or at least some rationale for the changes...

England1
Contributor
Contributor

And While you're fixing that Optus - it owuld be good to get the Weekend Highlights package out a little quicker than 24 hours aftert the last match has been played overnight sunday. By the time we get to it tuesday morning or tues pm - it's been REALLY hard to avoid the world and invariably have seen results coming in on other , more real time , news providers!!!

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @England1, understand your concern in regards to the delay in highlights for the match. If the match is available on demand then it will be there within 1 hr after the original match or you can watch it when it is replay. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
MattBunclark
New Contributor
New Contributor

That doesnt make sense... why aren't all matches available on demand within an hour? And, why are match replays not available within an hour? Its now 7am and only 4 matches and no highlights are available though matches were played at 2am. 

This wasn't the case last year. Why has it changed?

Aman_B

Hi @MattBunclark, as per Optus contract with EPL 290 games  out of the 380 are available on demand. The rest of these are available on replays.  Once the match finishes it can take that long for it to be made available on demand. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
cfcalex
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus' response isn't really good enough. 

Last season,  the highlights and full replays were up within minutes, now it's hours.

It's really not good enough.  I can go on YouTube and some kid in his bedroom has knocked off a highlights package within 30 minutes nowadays. 

How I watch my football is that I watch first thing when I wake up. That's when I have the time, not mid morning. And by then it's gonna be spoiled anyway. 

And talking of spoilers,  those stupid 30 second clips are totally pointless and only ruin the highlight /full replay experience. Put the highlights up FIRST and then worry about those clips that no one watches later

They aren't a priority.  And put them in another section. 

Please resolve by end of season or I will not resubscribe.

MattBunclark
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes! This is how I, and many others i know, want to watch and use the optus sport coverage. Surely we are not the only 2...

I will refer to my first post for the optus moderators. This wasnt the case when the app first came in and has only changed in the last few months. It would be nice to know WHY this has changed and WHY can it not be changed back. Saying 'it just takes that long' is a really poor answer. 

Please get rid of the spoiler clips as well!

Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out, @MattBunclark @cfcalex.

It's great to see passionate supporters such as yourselves utilising our Yes Crowd forum as a collaborative space for discussion. As a fellow Premier League enthusiast, I can definitely appreciate your frustration with having the result of a game spoiled before having watched it, while also being unable to watch football first thing in the morning (on the odd occasion I miss a live game!)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we're always looking to improve your experience with Optus Sport. I've tagged your post as feedback, which will be looked at by our reporting team when assessing the user experience with our Premier League coverage.

If there's anything else that comes to mind with our coverage, please don't hesitate to flag this with me.

0 Kudos