Searching...

Annoying ‘Goal Rush’ interruptions

Lyno

Optus, please get rid of the ‘Goal Rush’ interruptions during EPL games?  

We pay our subscription, tune in to watch two teams play,  and suddenly there are these regular ‘Goal Rush’ interruptions DURING PLAY.  Even more weirdly, many of them don’t even involve a goal!  

Ether way, get rid of them and either play them at half time or put them on another channel like other service providers.  I can’t believe we just missed the best chance of the game because Optus replayed a near miss from another game - crazy!

Re: Annoying ‘Goal Rush’ interruptions

Drumso

I absolutely agree. I even missed the audio of a goal from the match I was watching last week because they switched to another match. If I wanted to watch that match, I'd watch that match. It's frustrating.

Drumso

I also see that this was complained about in 2016 and the reply from Optus was that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. The issue went away and now it's back. Lesson not learned?

Dan_C

Hey guys, we’ll broadcast two versions of the match concurrently.

For example, Goal rush was featured on the Brighton V Liverpool Match - which aired on Optus Sport 1

The same match was broadcast without Goal Rush on Optus Sport 2. This is something we highlight on our weekly EPL Fixtures blog.

Let us know if you guys have any other questions, happy to help. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Drumso

On that second broadcast do you also eliminate other scores scrolling across the screen?

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

The second broadcast is shown as normal.

There shouldn't be a visual that gives away the score of any other matches being broadcast at the same time. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

chesl73

I've just been watching a game live on Optus Sport online. The amount of interuptions with this Goal Rush stuff is ridiculous. 

Right in the middle of play as well. It's so irritating. I choose to watch a specific game, I don't want to see/ or care about watching half chances in other games interupt the game I've chosen to watch.

I see a reply above states the games are shown on Optus Sport 1 and Optus Sport 2. I'm assuming this applies to something else and not the online Optus Sport as there are no channels, just a link to the 'Live' game. Do I have any options to remove this Goals Rush stuff as it just amounts to spam. 

I don't know how anyone could possibily think this is a good idea. Please provide an option to remove it.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos