Last week, Optus picked up Wholesale Operator of the Year at the Asia Communications Awards.
Optus Wholesale was recognised for their commitment and leadership to transform the wholesale telecommunication sector in Australasia across mobile, fixed and nbnTM.
Asia Coms Award Judges said: “The variety of services available for [Optus] Wholesale customers is a strong value proposition. Its focus on customer services makes Optus stand out from the pack. In addition to its network capabilities, Optus is forward-looking, ambitious and a growing force.”
Stuart Bird, Managing Director, Optus Wholesale & Satellite accepted the award at
the 2018 Asia Communication Awards Gala in Singapore
Some of latest recent achievements include:
- Helping establishing Catch Connect as a credible provider of mobile services to Catch’s loyal ecommerce customer base
- Helping amaysim grow to become Australia’s largest MVNO, and fourth largest independent mobile service provider, with one million customers.
- Being one of the first Australian wholesaler to launch Ethernet over NBN (EoNBN) to provide wholesale partners with enterprise grade data services over the nbn™ network in addition to existing fibre and copper networks.
- Introducing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) as a new way of working to navigate our legacy portals and ease the pressure on the order processing team so they can focus on interacting with customers in a more meaningful way.
- Unveiling Cloud-UCX, unified communications and collaborations solution powered by Broadsoft. Optus was Australia’s first tier-one telco to deploy Broadsoft’s market leading cloud-based platform. The cost-effective product lets our partners offer agile cloud solutions to enterprises.
Modelled off the World Communication Awards, the independent Asia Communication Awards acknowledges achievement and innovation in telecommunications. The ceremony was attended by 300 of the region’s leading carriers, providers, operators and vendors, with winners announced across 19 categories.