Searching...

Transfer recall

WeatherSafe

I am wondering if there is a way of when transferring a call to another user, and if they do not answer, this then comes back (recall) to the phone that transferred it there rather then it going to the users voicemail (which we will not be using) if no one answers.

I hope that makes sense, we quite often just transfer a call straight through to a user without speaking to them first... so this would happen regularly.

Thank you! Smiley Happy 

Re: Transfer recall

Dan_C

@WeatherSafe, thanks for reaching out Smiley Happy

I first want to make sure that I'm completely across this one.

You want to know if there's a feature that essentially notifies the outbound caller that the recipient of the call that's been transferred didn't accept/answer the call? 

Do I have that correct? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

WeatherSafe

Hi Dan Smiley Happy 

Yes for example, you call up and I answer, and transfer the call directly to our warehouse & hang up... this leaves the warehouse phone ringing, then if the warehouse dont answer, I want to know if there is a feature that will bounce the call back to me so I can then tell you that the warehouse is unavailable and then take a message or whatever it may be I then do.

Dan_C

Ah, I get you.

That's a good question.

I wonder if a standard call diversion/call forwarding could work. We could potentially add rules around when the call itself is diverted. For example, after x number of rings or instead of going straight to Voicemail.

How many people within business are likely to receive a call that requires them being transferred to the warehouse?

Is it the one person taking these sorts of calls or a number of people?

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

WeatherSafe

Hi Dan,

Yeah we had a play around on Friday with this, what we did was instead of the call going to voicemail after 3 rings, it called the office back. But this would then ring all phones like a new call, which is a bit hard to keep track of... This works to a certain extent as the phone call is coming back, but then if someone else picks up the call then we seem a bit silly as we will be answering it as a new call if you know what I mean... 

Dan_C

Hmm, I see what you mean. 

It could be worth looking into 'Optus Loop." Essentially we're offering an entire suite of Network products via a single application.

For example you can configure a call queue and keep track of the amount of calls diverted from the warehouse to whichever area of the business that takes said calls. 

I'm far from an expert when it comes to this product, but it might be worth having a think about it.

http://www.optus.com.au/business/voice-collaboration/optus-loop/features

Highlighted

WeatherSafe

Thanks Dan, yes these are Optus Loop phones

Will give them a ring I think Smiley Happy 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo