Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor jimbrink
New Contributor

unauthorised subscription

Hi i went to a particular website when i all of a sudden received a text from cool4mob that im subscribed with them for $10 a week.

The text told me if I wrote stop they would stop the subscription so did that, however $10 was gone from my prepaid.

later i was doubting myself if i would have been given permission by accident.

Well call me dumb and this is I went back to the website and as soon I got there another text and another $10 gone.

Is this allowed?

I called the number what came with the text and they told me that they couldn't do anything about it as they been hired as a subcontractor by cool4mob.

They gave me a text with an email address which I have to email with my bill (what I don't have as im on prepaid)

is there any other way to get my money back and stop them from doing what they have been doing?

Jim

Tags (1)
5 Replies
New Contributor ajcooper72
New Contributor

Re: unauthorised subscription

Same thing happened to me on Monday.  Got unsolicited text from Cool4Mob and now theres a $9.09 charge on my account.  Can only presume it was from a popup/tab on my phone.  Hopefully Optus can do something about it.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey Jimbrink & ajcooper72, here is some info about premium SMS, how to manage your spend limit and dispute charges. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor John1234
New Contributor

I have had a similar experience with SmartViral with $12.95 deducted from my account. Have contacted Optus live chat 3 times now and was given two different numbers to call supposedly associated with SmartViral. I was told by Optus to request a refund directly from SmartViral! Surely Optus has a responsibility to protect my account and refund fraudulent transactions?? Called the numbers and was immediately cut off without speaking with anyone. Surprise! Will have to go to Ombudsman!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Hey @John1234, thanks for giving us this feedback on your experience.

Could you confirm after speaking with LiveChat have they resolved the matter? If you still require assistance on this, please PM us here → http://yesopt.us/pmnam and could you please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jasi
New Contributor

Hi I am also very annoyed as I have been subscribed to something that I have not looked at or given permission for.

I am frustrated that there is a charge on my account for 'Other Service' that I never hear of.

I have received a messagge and I straight responded STOP to it, as it seemed to me to be some kind of spam. Today I looked at my account and charge is there. I am angry that someone could get my mobile nymber without my knowledge and I think that Optus needs to look at their security as soon as possible.

I hope that charge on my account will be removed as it has nothing to do with me or what I am using.

Regards,

Jasminka

0 Kudos
Top Contributors