cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor ebony_001
New Contributor

self serve data

I recently bought a new phone, and was installing apps when I noticed that I had data even though I'm on a pre-paid plan with no data. My bill says "self-serve data", however I haven't bought any or have downloaded the MyOptus app. What is going on, and how much am I paying for this?? Thanks 😃

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: self serve data

Hey Ebony, What prepaid plan did you sign up for?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Long expirary

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If I have the correct plan you don’t get any data included unless you have added a separate data pack. Going off the critical information summary listed below you get charged a flat rate of 5 cents per MB.

http://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/1415550_CIS_My_Prepaid_Long_Expiry_1015...

New Contributor

Exactly! I don't even have the option to buy data, so why do I have this?? And how much is it costing?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can buy a data pack if you wish. Have a read of the link I posted as it gives you information on the cost of data packs.

New Contributor

I haven't bought anything, which is why im trying to find out why I have data

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The plan has data however they are charging at a higher rate. The add-on data packs bring these rates down to reasonable level. If you don’t want to use any data simply turn your mobile data off.

Edit: My second post was poorly worded and may have confused you. This plan comes with data on demand (maybe that’s what the self-serve term means) and costs 5 cents per MB. If you wish to use data at a less expensive rate it would be wise to purchase data packs. If you don’t want to use data at all you will need to turn your mobile data off and keep it off.

New Contributor Google-3
New Contributor

Nice

0 Kudos