Searching...
Accepted Solution

opt-out of having anonymous data shared with our trusted third parties

IAm

Optus instructions state:

To opt-out of having anonymous data shared with our trusted third parties or advertisers follow the instructions below.

Important: We're currently upgrading our billing systems, so if your account number starts with a 62:

Log into My Account > Click View Profile > Notifications Keep in Touch General Marketing > Un-tick Share anonymous insights with 3rd parties > Save Preferences

But there is no "Share anonymous insights with 3rd parties" button to untick! 

So the question remains how to opt out????

Highlighted

Re: opt-out of having anonymous data shared with our trusted third parties

Jeneral__Pain

Does your account start with a 6 or an 8? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

IAm

IAm

Anyone??

Solution

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

How to Opt out of Marketing

1. Login to your My Account
  2. Select the relevant account (you should receive a prompt after succesfully logging in
  3. Click on Notifcations 
  4. Click on "Keep in Touch"
  5. Expand the "General Marketing tab"
  6. Scroll down until you reach, "Choose how you'd like to receive marketing and promotional communications from Optus."
  7. Untick, "share anonymous insights with 3rd parties"

optout.JPG

opt out 2.JPG

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

IAm

Thanks very much Dan. Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Any time Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
32 Kudos
28 Kudos
27 Kudos
16 Kudos
8 Kudos