cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Jojo01
New Contributor

movie tickets

So buying movie tickets is not available through the optus website anymore, only through the My Optus App, is this correct? Am I the only one having issue with my Optus App.  I kept going to the screen of that is asking "How can we help you?" and I can't get out of it.  Can't even access the menu of the app.

44 Replies
New Contributor writemaster25
New Contributor

OPTUS MOVIE REWARDS VIA APP ONLY!?!? MY APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE! PLEASE ENABLE WEB PURCHASE

I want to purchase optus movie rewards but it isn't working because my mobile device isn't compatible with "yes optus" app and I have two internet connections with you guys at two different locations and I go to the movies every week with a handful of people so we purchase more than 4 tickets at a time. I would like to continue purchasing through the web as I cannot via the app as I am entitled to since I am using your services so what will you do to make this work for me? Are you telling me I have to buy a brand new phone upwards of $1,000???? My phone is working just fine.

If I can no longer purchase discounted movie tickets I'm afraid I will move my services over to Telstra as NBN is about to be rolled out in my area and will switch with them and use their Village discounted movie tickets instead. Let me know thanks.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Re: movie tickets

If this is the case then I am opting out of all my Optus services and moving to Telstra as I go to the movies weekly and purchase 4+ tickets at a time. This is ridiculous my phone works just fine and it isn't compatible with the my optus app so how will you fix my problem? Are you telling me I need to purchase a new phone? Fix this problem asap please or I will be switching to receive Village discounted movie tickets via Telstra instead as they will be rolling out NBN in my area soon.

0 Kudos
New Contributor GFM
New Contributor

Re: OPTUS MOVIE REWARDS VIA APP ONLY!?!? MY APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE! PLEASE ENABLE WEB PURCHASE

i to am having issues with the app, and want to take my kids to the movies. its the school holidays!!  please put it back to being purchased from website

New Contributor

Re: OPTUS MOVIE REWARDS VIA APP ONLY!?!? MY APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE! PLEASE ENABLE WEB PURCHASE

Tell me about it well looks like Telstra is the way to go. I have a friend who has the app and even she cannot purchase from it and her phone is compatible with it. The optus app also has a poor rating so it obviously isn't working for a lot of people. Bring back WEB PURCHASE OR I'M OUT!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor quipo
Occasional Contributor

Re: movie tickets

Apparently, you cannot buy tickets without an Optus Mobile. Disgraceful. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Optus Internet connection (cable, adsl, nbn) does NOT count against Perks. You MUST have Optus Mobile. Ill use smoke signals before using optus mobile. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor GFM
New Contributor

and when did that change, i bought tickets just the other week through website and have NEVER had mobile with optus only broadband and home phone.

im a customer for 15+yrs and derserve the same perks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I think it changed 2 days ago, when you can only use the app to get tickets, you can try for yourself. Hope im wrong. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PatrickStar
Occasional Contributor

Optus perks are now only for mobile users

I am with Optus home and broadband (don’t have mobile with Optus). I tried to buy discounted Hoyts tickets today and it turned out that they are only available for mobile customers via mobile app. Is that right? How long ago did it change?

thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos