Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor wendy1
New Contributor

is 5678 a spam number?

Hi I've received the texts from 5678 optus like below:

Hi xxx(my name), Optus here. We'd like to ask you 5 questions about your recent service experience with Anna on 05/09.

How likely are you to recommend Optus to friends and family on a scale of "0" not at all likely to "10" extremely likely? Unsub @ yesopt.us/unsub

And unfortunately I've replied it, now I think it looks weird, and worried maybe it is a spam number? So please tell me if this is a real optus number, and what shall I do if it's not?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Moderator Ev_

Re: is 5678 a spam number?

Hi wendy1, that sounds like one of Optus' NPS messages. After you replied, did you receive more messages? Care to send a screenshot so we can verify? Thanks, Ev 

Highlighted
New Contributor Dww
New Contributor

Hi I just received the exact sms from 5678. I have not purchased anything. Is this a concern?? Yes Optus Chat said they would refer to the security team.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Dww, have you spoken with any of our reps recently? We'll send you that message even if you're just updating your email for example. If chat has said they're going to refer it to the security team it'd be best to see what they say. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Dww
New Contributor

Hi, I haven't updated anything. My mobile data was automatically topped up, that's about it. I haven't contacted them. The Yes Optus Chat support said  "...Rest be assured that your account is fine and normal but we will have this issue checked."

The exact message from 5678 was:

"Hi [Full Name], Optus here. We'd like to ask you 4 questions about your recent instore purchase experience with us on 12/02."

next sms straight after...

"How likely are you to recommend Optus to friends and family on a scale of "0" not at all likely to "10" extremely likely? Unsub @ yesopt.us/unsub"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Okay right 😕 Good to hear the chat team couldn't see any changes on your account! We'll have to wait and see what the security team says. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors