Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor smartyR
New Contributor

Re: error msg - Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

5 business days is too long for me.

If I go to one of the YES Optus store, will they replace it directly??

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PaulCav
Occasional Contributor

Yes they can replace the sim. Get the staff to check the sim number to verify thta it will accept it they may even activate for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor peteb1023
New Contributor

hi I to am receiving the error message 

PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

I purchased a $50 prepaid starter pack Sim card and when I tried to activate it wouldn't allow me to I then went on live chat and then operator told me I had to go into a store I explained I worked 9 to 7pm every day and don't even live close to am optus store and requested that the $50 credit be transfered to an existing prepaid Sim I have that is already active and the operator told me it wasn't possible. I have since noticed another customer was told to get a replacement Sim and the credit would be transfered to the new Sim for them why was I told that I couldn't have the credit transfered when clearly it is possible as its been done for other customers 
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @peteb1023, it sounds like you've received a faulty SIM card. A direct transfer of credit to another service differs from a SIM replacement. You can always replace your SIM card with a new SIM and the credit will transfer between SIM cards. We're unable to transfer credit from a SIM that hasn't been activated. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Glay
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm also getting the "PPACT-SIMVAL-0008" error with trying to activate a new $30 sim from Woolies.

Help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, I've checked our Error Code Matrix and I've found the following error description:

"SIM number entered is unavailable, please check you've correctly entered SIM number and try again."

Can you try again for us? If you're still receiving the same error, you'll need to ask Woolworths to refund or replace the SIM you've purchased. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PaulCav
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos