cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor PaulCav
Occasional Contributor

error msg - Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

I receive this error message while trying to rgister sim. "We are having trouble validating the SIM number, please try again or try using another SIM card. Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008"

What to do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: error msg - Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Hi

Looks like a faulty SIM. you will need to obtain another SIM either by contacting Optus or visiting an Optus shop.

Look at this post.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2570735

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I don't think a faulty sim in this case would cause this error, i believe it is the optus register database that is causing all these issues that i have read.

The CS people all say that i have to goto an optus store and resolve it there and reading the comments online it is evident that it may not even be resolved at that level.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

So sorry on our late reply to your post @PaulCav, we've been  really busy lately! I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B Not as yet, still need to travel by public transport to the nearest optus centre.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

It sounds like we'll need to manually activate it on our end. Please jump into Live Chat to speak with someone now.

Feel free to send me a message if you have any troubles. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

when i see the word "faulty" i think it means that it was once working and now it is not.

Defective is more closer to the issue but it is not the problem.

The quality of the sim is suspect because a sim issued from optus is in question as the sim is unable to be registered or activated by the customer or customer service.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Toomey sent pm detailing what has occurred 

0 Kudos
New Contributor smartyR
New Contributor

I can never imagine I will have such error code to just activate a prepaid sim card !!! What a nightmare???? Who should I contact to use my sim for data?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Here is a method to activate a sim card for Data only also known as Mobile Broadband :

If you have a sim card that you want to use for Data only also known as Mobile Broadband then follow my advice.

First goto https://www.optus.com.au/activate to activate

if activation fails then report this incident to optus and ask for a replacement sim and wait for 5 business days to receive it and start again. A sim is sim that is to say the sim will work for mobile phone or broadband service.

If it accepts the sim number then click on next, enter in your details then click next.

In the next step titled "Your number" select a new number this will become your Broadband or data number that you use to recharge for more data, then click next.

In the next step titled "Your plan" choose a broadband plan such as the $30 data one, this is where it differs from a mobile phone plan, click next.

In the next step titled "Recharge and payment" enter in your details and click next.

The titled "your identity" step may skip over if you have used a credit/debt card in the previous step, then click next.

Check your details and click the "Activate" button.

It informs you thatyou have to wait 4 hours before it will recognise the new sim.

Enjoy.

0 Kudos