Searching...
Accepted Solution

confusing optus data expiry

CCHEN

I have received an email from optus stating my data pack is expirying. When i used live chat, they told me the same expiry as below in the email and asked me to check my account.

email.png

when i check my optus app and online i see both show expiry @ 2020, and that what i expected when i made the purchase a year ago and use track the usage.

optusAPP.png

Web account.PNG

Re: confusing optus data expiry

petergdownload

Definitely confusing. The 33.76Gb allowance is also a bit unusual? 

FWIW I don't think I've every seen a two year expiry prepaid plan at Optus. Was it some sort of special bonus deal? 

Definitely have a chat with LIVECHAT to determine what plan you are on and why Optus are sending conflicting statements (they've been known to get it wrong before)

Peter Gillespie

Jeneral__Pain

If it's a phone, try texting "balance" to 9999 and see what response you get. As that comes straight from the prepaid platform (PPIN).

If it's mobile broadband, login to the webpage of the device and try the same thing above and see what you get back.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

CCHEN

Thanks for the replies.

- its on an ipad, so i cant sms to find out balance and but i see 2020 expiry on both optus app and online

- there was 2 year expiry when i load the data, pretty sure its last year, might have to find cc record to prove

- i had a live chat with someone whom insisted i had a 2019 expiry but i cant sent a screenshot during the chat, hence i posted here hoping someone can advise

does any optus employee actually look at this forum?

petergdownload

They pop in and out but might take 24 hours or so before they respond directly. I'll flag one anyway. @Dan_C

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Solution

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@CCHEN

I've had a run through our archived prepaid offers and I've found the plan info.

My Prepaid Mobile Broadband Recharge Options

Online recharge options:

Recharge value: $130.00

Data inclusion: 22GB

Expiry: 730 days

Current in-market offer

Optus Prepaid Mobile Broadband Recharge Options

Online recharge options:

Recharge value: $130.00

Data inclusion: 40GB

Expiry: 365 days

Bonus: 10GB if you recharge before expiry

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

CCHEN

Thanks for all replied.

I managed to call Optus today and had confirmation from optus my package expires in 2020. I had a reference number so i can go back to them if my data expired.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Ah, good to hear @CCHEN

If any questions come up in the future, please shout out Smiley Happy

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
28 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos