cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor User2016
New Contributor

Yes Crowd login

Does anyone know how to change the Yes Crowd username? To explain, I HAD a Yes Crowd login under the username 'DrChris' but when I tried to access 'Ask the Crowd' the other day, I got locked in to a ridiculous loop where it asked me (a) did I have a Yes Crowd account; then (b) gave me (as the only choice) a link to 'Connect my Yes Crowd Account'. Surprise, surprise, when I clicked that link and went through the process of entering my username and password, I got the message that the accounts were already linked. Everytime I tried top access Yes Crowd, I got taken through the same rigmarole.

In frustration, while on hold with Optus 'support' waiting for help from people who didn't have a clue and being transferred from one to another, I created a new "Yes Crowd' profile with the present username ('ReallyPissedOff' - for obvious reasons). Lo and behold, that immediately connected with MyAccount and now it's the ONLY identity I have for Yes Crowd and, also, I can't continue an unfinished thread running under 'DrChris'.

In short, what I want to do is have my 'Yes Crowd' identity revert to 'Dr Chris'. Does anyone know how I can do this OR can anyone do it for me?

As an aside: all this arose because the EPL live match start times were incorrect in the iPhone Optus Sports app last weekend and so I wanted to ask the Crowd if anyone knew why that was. Turns out it was a 'known problem' - except that I couldn't find that out at the time, being unable to access the Crowd. Kind of ironic.

Seriously, Optus, you're going to have to get your act together. Your support mechanisms are far from transparent; online help is hard to use and unclear; phone help was all buit useless - in another bit of oirony, the last, best advice I received over the phone (thanks Neil) was to write this post - which I'd already started doing when given that advice.

8 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Yes Crowd login

Forum related stuff you'd chat to forum folk. Phone support nor chat will have s clue what and where to go as the forum structure it's self isn't part of Optus. The bonus is I'll report the thread for a inappropriate user name and that you'd like it changed 😉

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor User2016
New Contributor

Thanks, Dave, but that won't get back my original username, will it?

I understand (now) that 'the forum structure ... isn't part of Optus' but it sure LOOKS like it is and it's hosted by Optus (presumably; again it has that appearance) and therefore issues and ineptitude such as I've experienced reflect poorly on Optus. You'd think they'd care about that. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Heya! As Dave has pointed out, for assistance in the forum you'd be best to pose the question as you have here so we can help. I have changed your current username due to it's content.

If you can PM me through your full name, DOB and your old Username I'll see if we can get it re-activated for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor User2016
New Contributor

0 Kudos
New Contributor Perfecto
New Contributor

I am expereincing the same issue as User2016. My initial Optus Community/Yes crowd username was knav2013. Yesterday, when attempting to reply to a thread I started, I got stuck in the same loop User2016 mentions. So, I entered a fresh nickname
called 'Perfecto'. (The loop was so frustrating) See the thread with both nichnames: knav2013 and Perfecto here.

Now I'm stuck with a fresh nickname/handle and cannot reply to the previous threads started under knav2013. Can you please link 'My Account' with the previous Yes crowd account: knav2013.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Hello @knav2013/ Perfecto, please send us a private message with your Optus account details. We'll take a look at what we can do to help fix your Yes Crowd account 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor geom
Contributor

Oh do I hear you loud and clear. Join the other thousands with same complaints. Your end paragraph has yet to be acted upon by Optus. 

0 Kudos
Contributor geom
Contributor

Oh do I hear you loud and clear. Join the other thousands with same complaints. Your end paragraph has yet to be acted upon by Optus. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors