Searching...
Accepted Solution

Why doesn't the 24 x 7 Online chat work?

Isobaric

For 2 days I've been trying to access the Optus 24x7 Online chat service and no matter what option i click on, it doesnt start up a chat session. I've tried different browser settings, different browsers, different computers and different internet connections in order to try and eliminate any problems at my end but with no joy. 

Like most of us here with busy work schedules, it's very difficult to call the support numbers, be put on hold and expected to wait over 20 mins only to have the call dropout...!

This is not the first time this has occured either, had the same issue trying to get a new broadband connection arranged a few weeks back.

Come on Optus get it to-gether...

Re: Why doesn't the 24 x 7 Online chat work?

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Hmm very strange indeed. The chat does get overloaded from time to time but it normally tells you it's busy. Were all these attempts using desktops or laptops and do you have the My Optus app installed on your phone?

The link below is the one I use.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Isobaric

The attmepts were made from a Mac destop and also Ipad.

I tried the link below and it doesn't work either? No response at all when I click?

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Ok I just tried my old iPhone 4 on that link I posted and it worked the first time. I also tried my 6th Gen iPad and that also worked first time using both Optus and Telstra. Something unique to your setup is stopping it by the looks of it. I would guess maybe a popup blocker or some app might be causing the issue but that would not explain why it's not working on your full OS. Did you try the chat feature in the Optus app on your iPad?

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/apps/my-optus-app

iPhone 4

iphone4-optus-live-chat.jpg

iPad 6th Gen

ipad6th-gen-optus-live-chat.jpg

GuyCS

Hey @Isobaric - apologies if Live Chat isn't working for you. Have you tried from a private or incognito browsing mode (or after clearing your browser's cookies & cache)?

If you have access to the My Optus App, we'd recommend jumping on to Live Chat via that route as it will help avoid any potential compatibility issues.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Isobaric

Just tried with the optus app on my phone and it works. 

I dont understand why it doesn't work with my Imac or Ipad, I'll get to the bottom of it later.

For now though, thanks for everyone's help

Highlighted

GuyCS

No worries @Isobaric

Great to hear you were able to get through via the My Optus App. Give us a shout if you need any further assistance with this one. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

FFS

I still can't get a chat session from their website.  It gave me the option of 24/7 phone technical support but that just turned out to be a list of online options, otherwise all the staff were away.  The lengths Optus goes to just to avoid us contacting them in person are astounding.  Which in turn, just makes me more frustrated when I finally do get hold of a person. The appalling after-sales service was the reason I cancelled my mobile services with them.  Now that I am about to be (forcibly) transferred to (an apparently sub-standard) NBN I will look at ditching them for internet as well.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos