Searching...
Highlighted

Webmail access problem

Snagged

Recently changed my webmail password due to false "Undeliverable mail" messages, up to 20 per day.

Tested new password with sent and received emails....all OK.

Today I cannot access email with "Incorrect username or password" response.

Is anyone having similar issues?????

Re: Webmail access problem

Jeneral__Pain

It could be that Optus has suspended the email account due to the spam/compromised account.

i would chat to technical support and get them to check.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

AlistarS

@ SNAGGED- How'd you go about changing the password?

Had we sent out a temporary password via SMS/Email or did you perform the change from your side? I'd suggest jumping onto Chat. Ask the agent to send out a new temporary password. You'll then need to follow the steps below:

1. Go to webmail.optusnet.com.au
  2. Enter email address and current password (after a reset this is the temporary password sent via text or email)
  3. Click Login > Settings
  4. In the Current Password field enter existing password
  5. In the New Password and Confirm Password fields enter new password
  6. Click Save Settings

thadeus60

I have the same problem.  I was sent 2 temporary passwords, but neither worked.  Just kept coming up with with the same message about incorrect password, etc.

AlistarS

@thadeus60, I've replied back to the other thread you've created. I've left some instructions for you there. 

thadeus60

Thanks.  I've done this twicw already and still doesn't work.

Choicey

I was getting the undeliverable messages too, but only about 5 a day over the last few weeks and I wasn’t sure what to do, so I hadn’t done anything yet and now my password wouldn’t work anymore either, so I changed it here and it still isn’t working? I wonder if the two things are related or coincidental? 

Ray_YC

Hi Choicey, not sure if you have seen the other thread mentioned with advice/instructions provided by AlistarS, if you haven't you can check it out here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

thadeus60

I think they are related.  How long have you had this account?  Mine was created when I was OptusZoo and despite being told it was migrate to the new system, I don't think this is the case.  It seems whenever a migration occurs from the legacy ssytem, it stuffs up the email passwords on some accounts.

thadeus60

Hi, this has not worked despite trying on numerous browers, my mobile phone, clearing caches.   keep getting the message about invalid Username or password.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos