Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Alevia14
New Contributor

Waiting for a modem and landline not working

To whom it may concern.

My internet is down, well the bill is due.

Anyway, I have been waiting for a new NBN compatible modem from Optus as YOU promised. More than  two months and nothing.

In addition our landline hasn't work since we switch to NBN.

I have spend more than 4 weeks and aprox ten hrs talking to you guys, my internet never work from the begining. The technician only installed the modem then did nothing else.

I did a new cable installation myself from the roof Tap to my entry socket with the help of another friend, after complaining and more phone calls, another tech had to come for the activation of my modem.

Guys, this is completely unacceptable.. now I did change my Credit card therefore before I do pay, I demand a new NBN compatible modem and the ACTIVATION of the landline by Friday the 25th of October otherwise I am moving to another more reliable ISP.

The internet was down a few days ago due to an Optus issue, what about a discount for the inconvenience..

Well, let's see how we go. I will pay the bill up to today 21st of October if I do migrate to a new ISP.

Regards,

A very unsatisfied customer that work for NBN Co.

Arturo Levia

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Waiting for a modem and landline not working

When you talk about your landline not working since the switch... is this when you plug your landline through your Optus Modem? Do you know what network on your currently on? During outages, i know Optus breaks down your plan and can credit the days you were without service only. I also know that Optus do cover your internet if there is an issue with your services. on some case they either provide data or a dongle to help out meanwhile the issue is trying to be resolved

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Charley25
Occasional Contributor

Re: Waiting for a modem and landline not working

If it is any consolation, I have been (still am) where you are.

Thought my issue was solved only for it to be dragged on and finally got my new modem last week.

I have spoken to so many agents and case managers, promised not to be charged and now I received my account and have been charged.

Now on chat to dispute account, next step will be Ombusman.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Account : 62166631473

Hi Arturo,

For your own privacy we have removed your account number from our public forum, particularly as you've advised your full name also.

Disappointing to hear about your experience. MrsKnowItAll asks some good questions and has some good points.

We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

Please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu for further assistance.

Hopefully the Chat team resolved your issue, Charley25.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos