cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bullucked
New Contributor

Upload email address book from desktop to Optus webmail

So, I've moved onwards and upwards from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Previously we've largely used the desktop email client (Outlook) and occasionally remotely logged in to the webmail. We now no longer have Outlook, is it possible to upload all the email address book from the Windows 7 PC to Optus webmail, is this possible? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Upload email address book from desktop to Optus webmail

Windows 10 has its own Mail App built in for free. Perhaps look into that?

As a suggestion I would be considering migrating away from an ISP provided email address. You'll lose it if you ever leave Optus. Its not hard to do and has many benefits (like better security, spam handling and yes contact sharing). Perhaps open a GMail account and set it to import all your emails from Optus (past and future). After that you can check GMail anytime with any ISP.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest using a mail client as Peter suggested however you can import contacts to webmail using the vCard format.  I would lease Office 365 for $100 a year as the Win 10 app has many issues when dealing with Outlook 365 .pst files.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Bullucked
New Contributor

Thank you Peter. We have moved on to the new Windows mail program and I thought the only answer to get the email addresses across was via the isp server. I must admit I'm struggling with this and think I'll eventually manually copy (as in write them out) and enter into the new program. (Unsurprisingly I'm not overly keen on this idea) The new Windows email program aint real friendly either but I figure that's just because I'm not yet used to it.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You should be able to export the contact to a CSV file from the Windows 7 PC. Then just import the contacts into the Windows 10 machine. Your contacts would be on the Win7 PC and not on Optus Servers?

Again this would seem a good time to set up a GMAIL account and have a play. It won't override anything else you set up and you can delete the account if you want. I personally find the GMail/Contacts/Calander combo to be very powerful and easy to use.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos