Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor boxy85
New Contributor

Re: Unable to login to my account

I have used multiple new computers that don't even have cookies. This is just a joke. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor boxy85
New Contributor

And I'm not wasting another 20 minutes waiting for chat and you guys to tell me you have fixed it on more than one occasion for it not to be fixed. I spent 4 hours trying to fix multiple f&&k ups from Optus yesterday. It's beyond a joke 

0 Kudos
New Contributor JA8881
New Contributor

Have decided to do the same thing.  Optus is not worth it.  Have spent over 3 hours trying to get issues resolved.  All I wanted was to transfer ownership of my existing accounts which were all on the same bill originally - now I get 4 separate paper bills.  It takes 25 minutes to get through their menu system to talk to a person who can only help you with a portion and they transfer you to a black hole.  Each time I seem to go backwards - now I cant log in at all.  I tried again getting multiple people who didnt listen and didn't understand what the problem was and when by fluke one finally did all they did was reset the password and now I can no longer log in because of a system error which they also do not understand.  I have tried multiple machines, multiple platforms, installed new browsers (which have no cache or history - obviously) No result.  Sick to death of their ineptitue - for a service that is not very reliable anyway.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor JA8881
New Contributor

Like all optus employees you do not listen - he said he used a brand new computer which obviously does not have a cache or cookies - I tried the same thing - dont bother answering if you cant read.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JA8881
New Contributor

Have decided to try one more time - do there trouble shooting for them.  I believe the issue is related to having two accounts on one MY Account login.  When the phone support resets the password on the account it sets a "change password on login" flag to both accounts but only changes the password on the account you selected originally - hence the error.  I have asked optus to consolidate my actual accounts (not just the my account login).  Hopefully this will fix the problem.  Here's hoping! will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Hi @JA8881, sorry for your My Account login issue. So that we are on the same page are you looking to link all your account to the same My Account login so that you can access them all at one place online? Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor JA8881
New Contributor

Yes, originally but have now merged all accounts not just in My account.  At this point I just want to log in. I cant at the moment because I get an error message that no-one seems to know how to fix.  When I use the new password that was sent me it fails.  I believe because it still has a change password flag on the account.  Hopefully when the account merges go through it should be rectified.

RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hi @JA8881 - very sorry to hear of the continuous trouble you've had with My Account, can appreciate it would be frustrating. We can help, and are more than happy to. Can you please send me a private message here. I'll just you to also send through a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mtt
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have had this issue for over a month, stemming from the transfer of my account from a pre-paid service to a post-paid service. Similar to other posts, this occurred when using different devices, browsers, clearing cookies/cache and after attempting at least ten different temporary passwords. This gave me the same error message: ''Sm_Api_Reason_ImmedPWChangeRequired’

Optus staff tried many solutions, what seemed to work for my account was the following: 

- The Optus staff de-linked and re-linked my Optus Service from the 'My Account' 

- I cleared cache/cookies after attempting to log in multiple times/ Used incognito mode

I spoke with someone via the LiveChat function to get this issue resolved.

Hope this works for anyone else that has this issue!

Occasional Contributor basilrakawi
Occasional Contributor

Its very bad. Asking for password reset produces one of 3 template answers :

• Clear cookies, use a different browser, device etc
  • Wait a 'few hours' before trying again
  • A 'technical issue' with the server or some template explanation (but ignores the fact that My Account access from the phone works)

0 Kudos