Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor askmewhy
New Contributor

Unable to login to my account

I have been trying for days now to login to optus account. I have requested my password to be reset. I get the temp password - follow the link - enter my email - enter the temp password (correctly without any blank spaces) - and then I get return to the same page with the following error message 'Sm_Api_Reason_ImmedPWChangeRequired'

Can anyone help me out please

23 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor BigBad64
Contributor

Re: Unable to login to my account

I have exactly the same issue and would also like the answer. Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Moderator Marie

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that @askmewhy & @BigBad64 😞 

To confirm have you cleared your cookies & cache or tried a different browser to see if this stops happening?

You're welcome to PM through your details (username/ phone number/ account number) as well as your full name and date of birth and we can investigate this further for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor anish
New Contributor

Even I have exactly same error 'Sm_Api_Reason_ImmedPWChangeRequired' while loggin.

Even trying with different browsers it didn't worked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Anish, have you tried clearing cookies and the cache in your browsers?

As Marie mentioned, we can investigate this further for you if need be.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Can
New Contributor

Hi there, I got the same problems for days, I tried delete cookie, using different browsers and switch from smart phone, tablet and PC still can not login my account number  <removed for privacy>.

Called optus many times but still the same. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Leftoptus
New Contributor

Exactly the same here.  Endless changing of passwords with no resolution has led us to decide to change internet providers.

7 layer deep phone menus don't make the password changing process much of a pleasure, which helped make the decision a little easier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

I'm sorry to hear about this outcome, @Leftoptus. 😞 Please let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor boxy85
Occasional Contributor

I am getting the same error. Have had my password reset so many times now. I have used brand new computers to try and log on with no luck. This is just stupid. Wish i never signed up with optus. nothing ever works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Ev_

Hey boxy85, can you please try to reset/clear your web brower’s cookies/cache. If you're still having issues, shoot us a message here and we'll help you log in. 

0 Kudos