Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Mitchell456
New Contributor

Unable to cancel my account. Optus Moderator old contact me

I'm tired of Optus sloppy after sales service.

Their consultants have different answers to the same questions.

When I can get through on the phone, I get passed around from one to the other until I've of them hangs up on me.

I have lost confidence in them as a provider and want to cancel my account, but unable to get a response by phone or email, which further affirms the issue that I have with them.

I disliked Telstra and their arrogant attitude and left them over 10 yes agi, but will be going back to them. They couldn't possibly be as bad as Optus lack of support.

It'sI'd like to bill them for the wasted time thing to chase them up, waiting on hold, lack of professionalism.

I no longer care about their good deals. I'd prefer to someone (anyone) extra just to get away from Optus... If I could only find a way to cancel my account

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moderator Kartika

Re: Unable to cancel my account. Optus Moderator old contact me

That’s very disheartening to hear @Mitchell456. Definitely not the experience we want our customers to face. Can understand that you’d feel disappointed. Did you get a chance to speak with our Retention team on 133937 Mon - Wed: 8:00am - 7:00pm EST Thur - Fri: 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Sat: 9:00am - 6:00pm EST in regards to your complaint and cancelling all the services since posting.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thank you Katrina. I didn't know that Optus had a retention team.

I tried phoning.. On hold for over an hour before I gave up.

I tried emailing. No response.

I tried the online feedback function. No response.

I tried online chat. It was out of order.

I tried the feedback function again. No response.

I emailed again. No response.

I asked the TIO to intervene. TIO responded.

I'll keep the retention team number for if I ever get desperate and use Optus in the future.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Phone auto-correct decided you needed a new name. Apologies, it thinks it's a person

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Mitchell456, I've replied to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos