Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor archerwilliam
New Contributor

Trying to login into my Optus Account

I want to login into my Optus Account Number *hidden* however for some unknown reason you have sent all my Details to my Wife's email *hidden*

My Name is William *hidden*

Date of birth *hidden again*

*personal info hidden*

Thank you

William

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Trying to login into my Optus Account

Wow! William Archer you've just posted everything a hacker needs to take over your Optus account, email account and bank accounts to a public forum. Click the EDIT option top left of your post and delete as soon as possible.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@petergdownload wrote:
Wow! William Archer you've just posted everything a hacker needs to take over your Optus account, email account and bank accounts to a public forum.

Not to mention we can now find other info to bolster our impersonation of Bill. Other info we now know include that he works in a certain Club, the type of club, his position in the club. And that's just from a cursory glance.

You really need to be careful Bill.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh dear, that was one of the worst on record!

Hi William, you may have now gathered this is a public forum and posting a bunch of personal information is not a great idea.

Understandably you're just trying to get assistance for your Optus services, this is not something we can do here.

Please contact Optus directly for further assistance.

P.S. Thanks Peter for bringing this to our urgent attention.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

Oh dear, that was one of the worst on record!.

@Ray_YC , we are seeing far too many posts with personal info. There really needs to be a big red warning message on the forum post page to warn people of the type of info they should not post. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We're working on making the Community Guidelines more visible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

That really isn't going to help much. The people that are making the mistakes are those ones that are the hit-and-runners, they just want to get in and post> they are certainly not going to be reading community guidelines, no matter how much more visible it is unless it is staring them in the face (and I don't mean just a link staring them in the face).

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

A big red warning message would be fantastic and something I'm all for but I'm afraid not that simple (or probably even possible) to implement with our forum vendor as it may seem.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

A big red warning message would be fantastic and something I'm all for but I'm afraid not that simple (or probably even possible) to implement with our forum vendor as it may seem.

While I know very well that 3rd party vendors can make things very restrictive (they like to make you pay for every little change via a billable change request),  I find it hard to believe that you don't have ability to make simple template changes, which is all that adding a warning message would entail, or that it is "not that simple (or probably even possible) " to get the vendor to add some text.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I have wondered what people see that makes them believe this is a one to one communication with an official Optus representative. It happens often enough that something must be giving the wrong impression.
0 Kudos