cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Djp17
New Contributor

Transfer Ownership of Mobile number

Hi, I want to transfer ownership of one of my postpaid mobile number to my wife. When I made contract, i asked the customer representative many times if I can change the ownership later because my wife was outside of Australia and coming first time and that person said yes. That was in September 2017. Now when I am processing  to transfer ownership, I can not proceed because my wife didn’t live in Australia for two years. Which is misleading customers. I talked to Customercare representative even and that person said they can’t do and when I asked to make a complaint in TIO that person gave me transcripts of our chat to proceed. This is really rude and frustrating. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Transfer Ownership of Mobile number

What was the reason given for not allowing the transfer? From what I understand you need to be a resident of Australia to apply for a postpaid service so I'm not sure if that was the issue?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Djp17
New Contributor

They said i have to fill online form and online form requires residential  address for two years in Australia. Without filling those details I cannot proceed. Customercare representative said they can’t do anything.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Just to be clear they are saying you need to have an address in Australia for the last 2 years or your wife needed to be in Australia for the last 2 years? If its the first option can't you use your own address or that of a friend or relative? I can understand your frustration however I'm not sure the TIO would have much sway on this matter.

Edit: If it specify states in the chat transcripts that you were sold a product in the belief that you could transfer your phone to your wife then you may have some comeback on them. If there isn't anything of that nature metioned then I don't like your chances unfortunately. 

0 Kudos