Searching...
Accepted Solution

The Hopelessness of Changing Plans

[ Edited ]
newline

1. Some of this was posted earlier but since deleted - thanks Optus. Been an NBN customer for more than two years on 100/40 + Entertainment Pack.
2. Don't need 100/40 and never watch channels on two of the channel packs. So, phone Optus and request change to (then - November) $80 plan with two channel packs. Optus reply - will do by or before next billing date.
3. Few days later I have just one channel pack and no other changes. Phone Optus and am informed that my order had been cancelled. So, requested Optus ensure previous order is cancelled and request change to new (December) $90 plan plus one, additional channel pack. Request and agree that change occur on next billing date. No worries and will do (Optus).
4. Next billing date passes and still on 100/40 plus Entertainment pack. However, My Account states that I am on $90 plan, and I have received the new plan's F@ST3864AC V3 modem. So, something went right.
5. It's now nearly a week later and absolutely nothing has changed.

I assume someone from Optus will read this post. I wish to advise them that it is their responsibility to fix my service, request that they do fix it, and that I will not pay any additional $ that they try to charge me because of their mistake(s).

Like said in my earlier, deleted post: when everything is OK and no support is needed Optus are very good. Try to change something or seek help, their support is third-world - at the best.

PS: I've given up on phone contact and live chat - they simply do not work.

Re: The Hopelessness of Changing Plans

Jeneral__Pain

If you’ve given up then coming here is what exactly? They can’t exactly securely ID you.

given you do not wish to call and only complain, I would visit www.optus.com.au/complaints and log a complaint. They will contact you to discuss and resolve. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Hi, I agree Optus seems to have difficulty sometimes with simple transactions like this. Multiple platforms appear to be involved and they can get tied up in knots. 

FWIW Optus almost never delete posts here. 

I would use the link GP has given and write (pen and paper) to Optus. This is official and legal and so even if Optus take a while to sorry the plans and credits etc. It should get there in the end (note plan changes are often a muddle for the first month as all the billing and departments transition over and pro-rata etc.)  -so wait a bit more

Also just remembered with fetch packs you should in from then directly on you TV.

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
newline

@Jeneral__Pain, I'm aware of the complaints procedure and, in raising this matter, I considered it to be my avenue of last resort after reading this https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/650951/telcos-get-final-warning-over-complaint-handling-rules/. I have raised another matter in this thread (My Account Help) and received a quick response from a Moderator and resolution is under way. I posted again because I assumed I might get the matter resolved sooner than later. In the meantime I am raising a complaint; should have made that clear.

For completeness: this https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/How-to-contact-Optus/ba-p/500100 and this https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/How-to-use-Yes-Crowd/ba-p/433026 led me to believe that this forum is a legitimate means by which to contact Optus.

@petergdownload

My post and several others to the same thread have been deleted; no posts, made in response to a request for comment, remain.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Strange. Most posts here are generally complaints. Optus has no problem letting them stand. For example of have thought this thread would be up for censorship. Imo Optus may do stuff wrong but deleting unfavorable posts isn't one of them.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/And-the-hammer-drops-on-the-Optus-Premium-SMS-Scam/m-p/51935...

Good luck with your resolution.

Peter Gillespie

newline

If you would like me to provide details of deleted post(s), I'll send by PM; I don't wish to hijack the original post (which I intended to be a request for help rather than a complain). I have now sent the complaint and will advise the end result.

newline

I have resubmitted my complaint (online form) as I have received no response to my first attempt. I did get the Thank You acknowledgement page after submitting each, so assume both were sent and received.

Solution

newline

Eureka. Issue resolved. Resolution appeared to be a simple, straightforward process; explanation was clear, too. It's a pity that I had to raise a complaint to resolve what should have been a simple, routine process. The support process was a fail.

Imagine if support for utilities, car registration, insurance, banking, etc were handled in a manner similar to the way Optus appears to handle its customers' support. Optus handles sales quite well.

Highlighted

petergdownload

Great. Knowing optus I'd still wait a week or three to ensure it sticks but fingers crossed. 

IMO much of the customer support has limited access to the systems that are needed to fix more than the simplest of issues. It can take several goes before you get one that knows all the boxes that need to be ticked.

Peter Gillespie

newline

Thanks @petergdownload. I believe that at least one of the support staff involved would get a rap over the knuckles -  they should have known better and stuffed it up. It's just a pity that it had to go this far.

I had to laugh in the end. I picked the wrong time to complain. My speed was reduced this afternoon (just after the call from complaints) while I was watching the US College Football championship on ESPN. Talk about timing, I lost about 10 minutes of the game while the modem reset and reconnected. Fortunately, and for a change, the game wasn't close (it usually is) and my favoured team won.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos