Searching...

Stuck in an endless loop!

Marksadabout

I' ve been out of the country for the lst 20 years just returned and got an Optus SIM pay as you go at the airport upon arrival..  after almost 1 year my handset packed it in so I jumped on a package (postpaid) to get a new handset. 

My issue started when I tried to setup a direct debit for the monthly payment.  To setup a direct debit you need a My Account ... tried setting up a my account on the Optus App..  persistant errors..  went to the website and got a bit further but was told I couldn't use my email address as it was aready being used !@*"  ..  had several inter-actions on the chat line, with many offers to reset my password but no solutions..  finally got thru to an operator (real person) only to be offered a password reset several more times...  finally found a lady who told me that if I used this other obscure alpha numerical username I might have more luck...  seemed strange ...  but I guess she's looking at the computer screen..  have continued with my new obscure username however cannot link my services to this and the error is "Internal service error" ..

all I'm trying to do is give them money in an efficient way.. 

If anyone has had an issue linking services to a my account and can help I'd be massively greatful as the optus service is falling massively short

Re: Stuck in an endless loop!

JustinB

Yikes! Really sorry for the run-around that you've had here, @Marksadabout. From what you've posted, it does sound like a really frustrating experience Smiley Sad If you still need help with this, can you please send me a private message with your full name, number + DOB for privacy and I'll follow this up for you? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Marksadabout

Justin,

I appreciate you have moderator next to your name but can you please clarify if you are an Optus employee?

JustinB

Hey @Marksadabout - I can confirm that I am an Optus employee. I responded back your private message on Sunday to let you know Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

knav2013

+1. I'm having the same problem. I reset the password, only to be offered the 'change temporary password screen'. I set a new password, then system throws wobbly, and says "incorrect password".  When I attempt login with new password (or temporary password for that matter) I get login failed.

Gone through resetting password many times. It's taken up nearly 2 hours of my valuable time. System does not allow use of temporary password, only other option is "not now and log me out". See screenshot below.

optus-change-password-screen.png

Is this Optus's latest method of securing accounts? Stop the real users from using it?

By the way, the reason I must login is because I have to check what's happened to my call credit. I had a balance of $14.50 yesterday. Received two calls. Both under 1 minute. Should have cost $1 each for the calls (as I'm abroad, the roaming cost is $1.00 for the country I'm in now). Instead, when I check balance through SMS, it says balance is $1.50. 

Before anyone suggests to check if internet/mobile data could be the reason. I'm not using mobile data. It's always been turned off on the old Nokia 6120c phone I use.

knav2013

I tried the solution here and pleased to say I'm no longer loopy. Rather than clear the browser cache, I just used my mobile device browser to login with temporary password, then when it prompted me to change password, used a password (passphrase) according to criteria (letters, numbers and other characters). changed password successfully, But it logs you out once the change is done. No warning about "changed password succesfully, you must log back in". Logged back in on the same device with the new password. No probs.

Then I logged in on the notebook/laptop with the new password.

Dan_C

Hey @knav2013, pleased to hear that you managed to resolve this one. I've a go at resetting the password for my own personal My Account. You're correct in saying that there isn't a notification to confirm that your password has successfully been changed. You're simply presented with the log in page and your new password should work. I can see how it'd be helpful to have some sort of message prompt confirming the change. If you have any other questions for us, let us know Smiley Happy

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos