cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Setting up direct debit with Optus

Wanting to know how to set up your direct debit online or via the My Optus application ?

Check out our tips below:

My Account number starts with an 8 or 9

Set up direct debit via the My Optus application 

To set up Direct Debit, head into Your Bills > Select Direct Debit and follow the steps. You will need to ensure that your account has been registered for My Account as you’ll be prompted to login.

Set up direct debit via My Account 

To set up Direct Debit, head into the Bills tab, Manage Direct Debit > Setup > and choose payment type.

*It can take up the 24 hours for My Account to show the changes you have made to your direct debit.
*Your new direct debit details will not be used until your next bill, your current bill will be paid using your current method or direct debit details.

My Account number starts with a 6

Set up direct debit via the My Optus app 

To set up Direct Debit via the Optus app - Select billing > Manage Direct Debit and follow steps.

*Some fixed services may not have the functionality to set up direct debit using My Account.

Set up direct debit via My Account 

To set up Direct Debit, head into the Bills tab, Manage Direct Debit > Setup > and choose payment type.

*It can take up the 24 hours for My Account to show the changes you have made to your direct debit.

My Account number starts with a 1 or 2

For Optus broadband customers with accounts that begin with a 1 or 2, you’ll need to fill out our manual direct debit form or call us on → 133937.

If you have any questions, please comment below

2 Replies
Occasional Contributor RASM
Occasional Contributor

Re: Setting up direct debit with Optus

My account number starts with 62 7 the link then goes off to the 8 9 or 10 link - nothing about 6
Could Telstra be able to assist me ????
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Setting up direct debit with Optus

Not sure which link you mean, RASM?

Here is the one you're after for account numbers starting with 6: Setting up Direct Debit

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors