cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor ChrisG101
New Contributor

Secondary Email Account

My secondary email account appears to have disappeared - when I try to access it I get an incorrect username or password message - if I send an email to it, I get this error message Server error: '550 5.1.1  Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table'.  I've spent a whole morning trying to resolve by calling support (and in the end had to give up to go to work) and have been unable to connect to Optus Chat for the last four (4) days!  I believe this would ordinarily be resolved using My Account and then My Services or My Email Services - but neither of these appear on My Account but an error message appears advising "some" content unavailable, try again later - but this message has appeared for the last four days...............

4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Secondary Email Account

Yes it has been discussed many times recently that email management has apparently disappeared. I guess the only option left is long waits on telephone or chat support unfortunately. It does sound like the email account has been removed if you get those bounced messages. I can only only suggest you persist with support and be very clear on what you are trying to achieve otherwise they will just stuff you around.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'd recommend removing your email address from the post. Public forums like these are regularly scrapped for such details.

You'll need to contact Optus directly (LiveChat?) and they should be able to reconnect you with your email.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot all about my super powers Peter. Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What sort of voodoo magic is this Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie