Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor BangForBuck
New Contributor

Scheduling a bill to pay on a future date

Has the feature for scheduling a bill for payment on or before the due date, taken away? I use to be able to do this earlier from within my account but not any more.   I'm missing this feature after the page has been updated.  If this feature is still available from another page, I'd love to know.  All I can see is a drive by Optus towards making users register for direct debit which I'm not keen on doing.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Scheduling a bill to pay on a future date

Can't see the option in MyAccount. You should be able to schedule a bill payment via your bank website?

Direct Debit isn't all that bad (saves you $2 a month in fees) and you can cancel it anytime on your end via your bank. You also get given the bill well before Optus takes it from the bank. However I understand some are reticent to hand Optus the 'keys' to their bank accounts.

Its interesting to see that Telstra have the same DD options but add a place where the customer can nominate a maximum DD amount that can be taken (regardless of the bill) each month.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
New Contributor BangForBuck
New Contributor

Thanks for your response Peter. Sure, paying directly from your bank account is an option, but I always pay by Credit Card and Optus does not allow for Bpay payments to be made from a Credit Card. That is why I use their Bill Payment feature from within my Optus Account which allows for a Credit Card payment. The question is why have they taken away the feature for scheduling a payment on a future date. It is very convenient to enter your payment to be made on the due date and the software takes care of the rest. That way you don't need to remember to pay a bill on the date you want to pay it. All banks offer this feature at part of online banking as well which I find very convenient.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A good question. It may be an oversight - the website and account redesign rearranged a bunch of stuff. Hopefully a mod reports back that its being asked about. Its not available via the Optus App by any chance?

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi guys,  

I've done some digging, there isn't an option to schedule regular payments (in both the My Optus app and My Account). 

As for why the feature was removed, as @petergdownload suggested, it may have simply been an oversight. I really can't say for sure. Given that we don't support credit payments via BPAY, it would only be fair to allow customers to setup scheduled payments. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos