Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Reset secondary email password

nei1

Hello,

I have forgotten the password for one of my secondary email accounts. I can see no option at all to initiate a password reset of this secondary account, only a change.

I am still able to access my primary account.

Regards

Re: Reset secondary email password

Dave

Hi nei1,

We'll need to organise the password reset on your end.

Do you still need a hand with this?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

nei1

Yes I do thanks Dave.

Pete

We can help, I've just sent you a PM nei1.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

callum

I have the same problem. Previously I've done this from My Account settings but now you need to old password. The only "reset" option I can find seems to apply to the primary account and won't recognise secondary accounts.

Solution

Dave

Hey Callum,

You'll need to call through to our customer service team to have one of your secondary accounts reset.

davidf63

Why.  Why would you take such a fundamental easy process such as reseting a family members email password and make it require envolvement of customer service representatives. 

What value does this add to the process. 

If the secondary holder could click a forgot password link they could self serve.  If the secondary email account holder requires privacy then the clicking on forgot password link does the job.

If the primary holder has to restrict - say the little kids from changing their own password then they go into manage and set a flag to restrict it. 

The worst thing is that access to chat with CS is broken so I can't get access to them.  This means that an important email that my wife is waiting for will not get responded to until this can be resolved.  All because .... Why?

callum

I assume they "upgraded" to out-of-the-box software that didn't support it. To their credit, at least it was fairly quick to ring through and have it fixed, but that was after I spend a long time stuffing around trying to find a way to do it.

Trish1963

Can you please advise the Contact details for the Customer Service Team to assist resetting the password for Secondary Email Account

callum

I just rang the general enquiries line and fumbled through some menus. The number given at the top of the bill is 133937.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
3 Kudos